Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Tennis: A tribute to Don_Budge

A tribute to Don_Budge,
    In the beginning of October, after a misunderstanding about a comment made by Don_Budge on the Becker forehand instruction thread, we started an interaction, I asked tennis related questions, and D_B shared with me his insight…at that point I was not very well acquainted with D_B’s prefered classical style of play, and I was coming from the “modern" spin era( I have only started playing 5 yrs ago…
    I cherish our experience as something unique,as two people sharing, trusting, respecting and with very different tennis backgrounds and experiences … and with time, it feels as if we have an innate bond and am very grateful for the forum as the venue for our wordly encounter... resonance and entropy come to mind when I think of D_B. Entropy as felt by me when he addressed my forehand and how he plays/change systems, creating instability..now the Mc Enroe FH, when everyone is going Gordon style and the way he challenges common views.. and then resonance... he first creates disorder and then brings greater unison .
    At the tennis level he has been very astute, especially in the way he shares his knowledge... he reads me very well, and carefully suggests different ways of hitting the ball, and now I'm assimilating his input, and enjoying the deliberate practice of both my fh and serve.
    Through our passion for tennis, something beyond tennis will always live...I have found a wonderful human being.
    Thank you Steve!

Beyond Tennis...

Originally posted by alexandrafranco View Post
    ...something beyond tennis will always live...
    If you are lucky enough to give something to someone that will last them the rest of their lives and that something gives them some enjoyment or makes them happy...then you are truly lucky! Thank you Alexandra...I feel very lucky right now. It's very kind of you to say so! Very kind...I can only wish that all of my tennis students would feel the way that you do...just a little bit.
    Last edited by don_budge; 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Oh hell.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8519 users online. 6 members and 8513 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X