Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For don_budge..

don_budge,

I found this out there and posted it for you. It's a video about Gonzales. The narrator towards the end of the clip states that being self-taught, as Gonzales was, comes with the benefit of being more creative and imaginative...no shackles. I thought this relevant to your comments on the 6 year-old prodigy you observed in the forum.

The video doesn't showcase Gonzales' strokes particularly well...although he caresses a few lovely backhands. Parts of the video look to have been shot at the end of a training session when Pancho was probably spent...who knows.

Would love your thoughts of the link between being self-taught and creativity?
    Stotty

Richard Gonzales...he with Aztec eyes

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    don_budge,

I found this out there and posted it for you. It's a video about Gonzales. The narrator towards the end of the clip states that being self-taught, as Gonzales was, comes with the benefit of being more creative and imaginative...no shackles. I thought this relevant to your comments on the 6 year-old prodigy you observed in the forum.

The video doesn't showcase Gonzales' strokes particularly well...although he caresses a few lovely backhands. Parts of the video look to have been shot at the end of a training session when Pancho was probably spent...who knows.

Would love your thoughts of the link between being self-taught and creativity?
    Very kind of you licensedcoach! Gonzales looks as if he is sort of out screwing around on the tennis court. He really doesn't seem to be really practicing very seriously here...which is sort of interesting to see. He is playing for the leisurely fun of it. For the bloody fun of it.

Let me watch this for a few days and see what I can glean from it with my "third eye"...but I wanted to say thanks. I appreciate it. In some of the pictures and video I would swear that it was me when I was younger. I guess that is why my coach used to call me "Pancho". By the way...how's the new Pancho doing? The new Pooch Pancho.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

My Pancho

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      Very kind of you licensedcoach! Gonzales looks as if he is sort of out screwing around on the tennis court. He really doesn't seem to be really practicing very seriously here...which is sort of interesting to see. He is playing for the leisurely fun of it. For the bloody fun of it.

Let me watch this for a few days and see what I can glean from it with my "third eye"...but I wanted to say thanks. I appreciate it. In some of the pictures and video I would swear that it was me when I was younger. I guess that is why my coach used to call me "Pancho". By the way...how's the new Pancho doing? The new Pooch Pancho.
      Pancho is doing fine. He is now 14 weeks old. I'm working hard on training him. My dad bred dogs, and I'm trying to remember all the tricks and training skills he had up his sleeve that resulted in his such finely behaved dogs. He had a rogue Stafford once which he rescued from being destroyed. The dog was a liability with other dogs and even humans, but my dad eventually turned him into a wonderfully behaved and loving animal. Sadly, my dad died some years ago so I cannot call on him for his expert advice.

However, I've found a great website for training dogs. This guy has a wonderful way with him and his videos are quite remarkable to watch. His website is kind of like the equivalent of Tennisplayer.net but in the dog world.

We are working on this one at the moment.

Discover the world of Cesar Millan, the renowned Dog Whisperer. Explore official training tips, programs, and exclusive merchandise. Dive into Cesar's expert advice on dog behavior and training, and access a wealth of resources designed to help you and your furry friend live a happier, more harmonious life. Visit now for transformative dog training techniques and the latest content from Cesar himself.

Pancho is great fun. We all love him very much.
      Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7750 users online. 10 members and 7740 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X