A New Teaching System: Part 1: Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Teaching System: Part 1: Introduction

Would love to hear your thoughts on my latest article, "A New Teaching System: Part 1: Introduction"!

Great Intro

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Would love to hear your thoughts on my latest article, "A New Teaching System: Part 1: Introduction"!
    Great introduction...ambitious...yet grounded. If life had a fast forward button, I would be pressing it to get to the next article as fast as possible. I can't wait, John...simply can't wait.
    Stotty

Comment

Disappointing...I was hoping to learn something in this article. As it turns out it was just a tease.

Comment

Wow!
        I can't wait to use the video system to better compare my strokes to the pros.
        In the infrequent video I do now, I am always amazed to readily see the areas I need to tweak.
        The difference between what I think I am doing and what I actually do is usually apparent.
        But I have never had a "system" to this on a regular basis.
        I look forward to incorporate a disciplined analysis to improve my game.
        (And even though I will never have the full range of motion and power of the best, better understanding what the pros do is satisfying in itself.)
        Thank you so much for taking Tennisplayer.net to this next level!

Comment

Charlie,

Yeah I think you'll be surprised at how to do that and how easy.

Bman,

Come on! The approach is critical. The rest will be worth waiting for.

Comment

" I have tried not only to demonstrate what top players were actually doing, but to explain the implications for players at all levels."

This is the sites' mission in a nut shell. For me, the biggest gain I can make is through fh and serve. I just can't seem to perfect those shots. We can all relate to being blocked/stagnant in our own games/frame of mind.

Comment

A Swing and a Miss. . .

Originally posted by bman View Post
              Disappointing...I was hoping to learn something in this article. As it turns out it was just a tease.
              I agree. While reading it the writing old phrase "show me, don't tell me" came to mind throughout.

Bman,

Come on! The approach is critical. The rest will be worth waiting for.
              When I viewed the new edition I was disappointed. The introduction being published as an independent article in the series was a waste of a valuable article slot. I, like every-other TP.net subscriber come here to learn. I fail to see the need to reiterate or sell TP.net readers to the fact that they can learn from technology and from what the pros do. This is why we subscribe and what you have been pioneering with TP.net from the beginning.

-Shaun

Comment

OK I get it you didn't want the methodology outlined. To me it's important and critical. Hope you like the upcoming articles more!

Comment

OK I get it you didn't want the methodology outlined. To me it's important and critical. Hope you like the upcoming articles more!
                  I didn't state that I didn't want to see or that the methodology should not be outlined. I simply think it was a waste for an introduction alone to take a full article slot in place of actual content.

As an editor and publisher would you accept and publish an introduction alone from contributors?

-Shaun

Comment

Well yes of course. In fact next month Rick Macci has one taking about his conversion to the use of 3D analysis at his academy with the technology of Brian Gordon.

Comment

Remind me not to read that one.

Now, so that I do not come off as a complete jerk, I just want to say that I am really looking forward to your series. I am sure it will generate lots of valuable discussion.

Comment

Well yes of course. In fact next month Rick Macci has one taking about his conversion to the use of 3D analysis at his academy with the technology of Brian Gordon.
                        That does not sound like a introduction to me; which by definition is "a beginning section which states the purpose and goals of the following writing." It sounds like a narrative essay on the process of change that has occurred. But we'll see when it comes out.

Originally posted by bman View Post
                        Remind me not to read that one.

Now, so that I do not come off as a complete jerk, I just want to say that I am really looking forward to your series. I am sure it will generate lots of valuable discussion.
                        As paying subscribers we should give constructive feedback.
                        Last edited by sfrazeur; 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

introduction is deserved

[QUOTE=johnyandell;20363]Would love to hear your thoughts on my latest article, "A New Teaching System: Part 1: Introduction"![/QUOT

johnny,
                          Some may call me an suck up after reading complaints that your intro didn't have enough substance! However, I personally think a piece of work that is a summation of the last 25 years of personal technical study, which could easily begin a teaching revolutlon/evolution deserves the intro you have offered. I am terribly excited about your series, believing their is nothing similar to what you have outlined available anywhere. i believe some impressive teaching systems and processes exist, but those I've had the privilege of experiencing have been unwilling to share in the entirity. i have traveled to spend days with people like d to Butch Staples, Emilio Sanchez Vicario and Luis Mediero. Studied countless hours of video by Jeff Saltezien, Robert Landsorp, Doug King and multiple others arriving at what I consider a incredible body of information that I have boiled down into my own process of instruction. however, I believe I still haven't synthesized as clearly and efficiently as is possible. I'm confident this new journey with you is going to go a long way in accomplishing that! its my hope you will be incorporating some of the obviously successful spanish philosophy of body positioning and footwork into your process as I'm a deep believer as proven by their results. I'm thrilled to be part of this community, and look forward to your future offerings in this series!

Greg Lumb
                          independent Teaching Professional
                          InsideOut Tennis

Comment

Greg,

Well that's a great endorsement and I'll try not to disappoint! You can tell me how it compares to the Spanish approach as that is really Chris Lewit's expertise.

Shaun,

Your feedback is always welcome!

Bman,

Didn't think you were a jerk, blunt yes! And I dare say Rick's incorporation of Brian's stuff will be its conduit into the world of coaching for a lot of people. It's a hell of a series and these guys, for what it's are some of the few that have taught me radically new things and answered some important lingering and puzzling questions I had despite all my own work.
                            Last edited by johnyandell; 02-21-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8104 users online. 5 members and 8099 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X