"The Game will come to You" .. Priceless don_budge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Game will come to You" .. Priceless don_budge

don_budge.. this statement of yours i will consider priceless, profound.etc etc. i try to extrapolate it to my imagination here..

one has to have a love for the game, passion for the game, nurture the game, nourish the game, pet the game.. do what ever it takes to make the game survive the on-set of new technology, retain its originality, make it so powerful to withstand the onslaught of popularity of other games, make it ever green so that in-spite of less financial prospects the game survives through ages, you play day in day out, you barely make the ends meet, still you play the game..be that person a player, a coach, an author, a toddler, a spectator, or just a lover.. to that person ...the game will come..

no matter how old you are.. a toddler learning to walk.. chasing a ball, feel the strings and giggle because it tickles the tender fingers..a kid learning to play a game ..learn tennis, a youth trying to impress his/her sweetheart..young man trying to making a living , playing, coaching, writing about..middle age crisis, hit the court and vent out the feeling..play the game because the doctor says you need to move your hands and legs and burn calories be active... one is coming to the tail end .. barely can get up the couch.. but watch a great shot, flick of a wrist passing shot..get inspired and walks to the nearby public court and tries the same shot and stands there starring at the court.. not long time ago he was playing so easily, now the legs need to be moved, the hands need to be raised...the ball feels heavy..the same singles line, doubles alley, the sagging net at the center, he goes to the net and tries to gently hold it a little high at the center, how many times a point is lost just because the ball hit the net, thinks he should have trained harder..now the mind is slow, everything is slowing down..seems so easy.. should have trained harder ..now it is too late.. or is it.. looks around, there .. there.. there..a toddler trying to chase the ball.. with a oversize racquet in his hand.. and smiles at him.. the cycle continues... the game is searching for a sweet home..

to such a person "the game will come...", because the game knows for its own survival it needs a good home, a loving home, a home where it can grow happily, where the game is respected.. where the game feels it can explore higher hieghts..the game can be taken to the next level, passed on from generation to generation..because the game feels secure in that person. ..the game will come...to that person..the game will come...

anyone please continue..the game will then come to you..

You're singing my song, goklums

Originally posted by gokulms View Post
    don_budge.. this statement of yours i will consider priceless, profound.etc etc. i try to extrapolate it to my imagination here..

one has to have a love for the game, passion for the game, nurture the game, nourish the game, pet the game.. do what ever it takes to make the game survive the on-set of new technology, retain its originality, make it so powerful to withstand the onslaught of popularity of other games, make it ever green so that in-spite of less financial prospects the game survives through ages, you play day in day out, you barely make the ends meet, still you play the game..be that person a player, a coach, an author, a toddler, a spectator, or just a lover.. to that person ...the game will come..

no matter how old you are.. a toddler learning to walk.. chasing a ball, feel the strings and giggle because it tickles the tender fingers..a kid learning to play a game ..learn tennis, a youth trying to impress his/her sweetheart..young man trying to making a living , playing, coaching, writing about..middle age crisis, hit the court and vent out the feeling..play the game because the doctor says you need to move your hands and legs and burn calories be active... one is coming to the tail end .. barely can get up the couch.. but watch a great shot, flick of a wrist passing shot..get inspired and walks to the nearby public court and tries the same shot and stands there starring at the court.. not long time ago he was playing so easily, now the legs need to be moved, the hands need to be raised...the ball feels heavy..the same singles line, doubles alley, the sagging net at the center, he goes to the net and tries to gently hold it a little high at the center, how many times a point is lost just because the ball hit the net, thinks he should have trained harder..now the mind is slow, everything is slowing down..seems so easy.. should have trained harder ..now it is too late.. or is it.. looks around, there .. there.. there..a toddler trying to chase the ball.. with a oversize racquet in his hand.. and smiles at him.. the cycle continues... the game is searching for a sweet home..

to such a person "the game will come...", because the game knows for its own survival it needs a good home, a loving home, a home where it can grow happily, where the game is respected.. where the game feels it can explore higher hieghts..the game can be taken to the next level, passed on from generation to generation..because the game feels secure in that person. ..the game will come...to that person..the game will come...

You are striking a tender chord right there, Goklums. But it seems like the game is getting away from me now.

I'm not going to try to post lyrics, but try this ...

don

Comment

The Game...Burt Reynolds and Carlos Santana

Originally posted by gokulms View Post

..the game will come...to that person..the game will come...

Yes, the game. The Game. You know my friend that life is a game. In fact it's the only game where the object of the game is to learn the rules.

You know my friend...that the earth is a ball. It's a ball in the game. In the game where there are no rules.

The game...what a subject. And what a post goklums. Thank you. That was really something.

There's an old movie that is quite a classic...called "Deliverance". Four friends go out for an adventure and one of them just happens to be playing the game. The character is played by Burt Reynolds and I believe that his name is Lewis. Intent on seeing the Cahulawassee River before it's turned into one huge lake, outdoor fanatic Lewis takes his friends on a river-rafting trip they'll never forget into the dangerous American back-country.

They run into all kinds of trouble however and their troubles climax when they are sent tumbling down some rapids in their canoes and Lewis ends up laying on a rock ledge that he and Ed (Jon Voight) are clinging to for dear life. Lewis has suffered a terrible wound, a compound fracture to his thigh and he is grimacing under the enormous pain. Lewis is the leader of the party and the rest are relatively clueless regarding survival. Ed is panically asking Lewis..."What are we going to do? What are we going to do?" Lewis grimaces and sucks up all of his pain...he glares at Ed and manages to say..."Play the game!"

Why not? You're all in anyways. What else are you going to do? Tennis is such a nice metaphor for some of the situations that we get ourselves into in life. Winning and losing. I like to quote from the poem from Rudyard Kipling a lot. From the poem "If". That sort of says it all, I think.

Both tennis and golf are very symbolic games in a very traditional sense. The symbols and metaphors permeate our beings when we participate. When we partake in the rituals. The stakes can seem so high...we hallucinate our importance it seems. But the champions of these two wonderful endeavors learn along the way...they learn how to play the game. Not only that they learn how to let the game come to them. They know the score at all times. The odds can be stacked and the situation looking nigh impossible but the true champions at heart let the game come to them. They know that no matter the odds there will be a moment when their opportunity will come to strike back...and the champion strikes. With all of the resolve that they can muster. With all of their hearts. With all of their being.

In the game of life we all get our selves into a snit in one way or another. Whether it be our recreation, health, finances or our love. Shit happens. You must weather the storm and wait it out sometimes. Wait for the ray of hope...for that life raft to grab onto. It's coming. You play the game. You win some...you lose some. We all were not cut out to be the champion. But there is one thing that we all can do...hang on. Let the game come to you. There will be a moment that gives you the opportunity to get back into it. Back into the fight. Be it tennis. Be it life. Be it love.

Learn to be patient. Learn to lie in wait. Even when everything cries out that all is lost. If you can just break serve back or save par. If you can just score a job. If you can just let go of a heartbreak. No matter what it takes. You chew off your arm to escape a trap...just like a wolf if need be. You find yourself...you are back in the game. Living to play another day. A chance to win. Even if that means breaking even.

Winning...Carlos Santana

One day I was on the ground
      When I needed a hand
      And it couldn't be found
      I was so far down
      That I couldn't get up
      You know and me
      One day I was one of life's losers
      Even my friends my accusers
      And in my head
      Lost before I begun

I had a dream
      But it turned to dust
      What I thought was love
      That must have been lust
      I was living in style
      When the walls fell in
      When I played my hand
      I looked like a joker
      Turn around
      Fate must have woke her
      'Cause lady luck
      She was waiting outside the door

I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      And I don't intend on losing again

Too bad it belonged to me
      It was the wrong time
      [ From: http://www.elyrics.net ]
      And not meant to be
      It took a long time
      And I knew for now
      I can see the day
      That I bleed for
      If it's agreed there's a need
      To play the game
      And to win again

I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning

I had a dream
      But it turned to dust
      What I thought was love
      That must have been lust
      I was living in style
      When the walls fell in
      When I played my hand
      I looked like a joker
      Turn around
      Fate must have woke her
      'Cause lady luck
      She was waiting outside the door

I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      I'm winning
      Last edited by don_budge; 03-09-2013, 12:54 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9360 users online. 19 members and 9341 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X