Business Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Opportunity

I have not posted this in the past in case it was seen as an attempt at advertising, however I recently mentioned it to John Yandle and he said that it would be ok to do so.

I have been a member of Tennis Player.Net for some years now and use all the great resources to help my 2 children with their tennis, I used to play county level tennis in England and am a level 1 LTA registered coach . My day job is a software developer, and because of my interest in tennis, about 10 years ago I developed a stringing management system called Stringer which was used at the French Open by Technifibre (who were responsible for the stringing at the time) for about 4 years, after which I lost out to IBM who took over all IT at the Roland Garros. Stringer also sold as a standalone product through my distributor Apollo Leisure in the UK.

About 3 years ago Apollo Leisure took over the Stringing at Wimbledon from Bow Brand and asked if I wanted to create a new version of Stringer for them to use. I re-wrote Stringer using new technology and it has been used since then at the Championships. Each year improvements have been added and this year I have worked with the AELTC to integrate Stringer with the Wimbledon prize money system so that player’s restring costs are deducted directly from their prize money instead of having to pay by cash or card as they do now. This version of Stringer also sells to the general public at jvcstringer.com for less than £10 but unfortunately has not sold may copies so far so I am looking for someone with more contacts in the stringing world than me to help me increase sales.

At a very high level Stringer manages all aspects of the stringing process such as logging string type for mains and crosses,tension required, number of knots, label printing,report generation e.g. non-payment reports and much more. It comes in 2 flavours, “standard” and “tournament” and can be downloaded as a trial and purchased from jvcstringer.com. In theory any stringer/tournament in the world could use it, so any help with this would be greatly appreciated, we would obviously come to some financial arrangement.

Thanks John

And something about Wimby tickets correct?

Comment

Yes. if anyone is seriously interested and would like a demonstration of Stringer during the Wimbledon championships or the qualifying at Roehampton this year, I can ask Apollo Leisure for a ground pass which would also give entry to the players practice area (not open to the public) which is where the stringing takes place.

Comment

Gentlemen and Women, Serious inquiries only please!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9683 users online. 9 members and 9674 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X