No announcement yet.

Camera used in Serve Swing Path video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera used in Serve Swing Path video?

John -

What was the make of the camera that you were using to film Scott Murphy? I use the Casio FH100 and love it and just curious the camera you used.

Sean

Yeh it's an older casio--the exilim--there are some new options I plan to write about in a separate article as well.

Comment

Videography

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Yeh it's an older casio--the exilim--there are some new options I plan to write about in a separate article as well.
      I am really looking forward to that article. Some tips on equipment and videography would be handy.
      Stotty

Comment

Cameras

I learned alot about the proper video equipment (frame rate & adjustable shutter speed) at Titliest Performance Institute (mytpi.com), the golf pro at my club told me of them. It's a shame casio has stopped making cameras w/ adjustable shutter speed for video, that's where you get the needed clarity. The fh100 was the last to have it.

Comment

There is relief on the horizon...jvc px 100.

Comment

Let's be clear

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            There is relief on the horizon...jvc px 100.
            Adjustable shutter speed for clarity. Are we going to learn about this kind of stuff this too?
            Last edited by stotty; 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM.
            Stotty

Comment

Shutter Speed

John -

Do you know if the JVC px100 allows for adjustable shutter speed? I know the JVC px10 did not. Reading the specs it looks like 640X360 at 240fps for the px100. My Casio fh100 has 448X336 at 240fps.

Sean

Comment

Will let you know. Testing it this weekend.

And Stotty, yes.

Comment

My JVC GZ-GX1

I wanted to get a high end camera that could get great video from a fencemount. I got a JVC Everio GZ-GX1 with a wide angle lens last fall and I am recording great match video. With the wide angle lens, I am getting almost the whole backcourt including a couple of yards behind the baseline from doubles sideline to doubles sideline. It shoots 60i or 60p at high definition. I was able to do "Shot spot" on the far sideline on a call that was made on the far sideline when I blew up the image in Dartfish.

The slow motion is 300fps at 720 x 480.

You can also use manual shutter speed at up to 1/4000 sec.

It's probably overkill for most people, but it is a great camera. I was attracted to the line because you could control and view the camera from your iPhone, Android or iPad. I wanted to be able to check my view without having to take the camera down from the fencemount. I also wanted a basic F2 lens that would take interchangeable lenses.

Package with wide angle lens and a couple of extra batteries and extension of warranty from B&H came in at about $1200.

But that's already old news, last year's model. Perhaps the model you are checking out this weekend is an upgrade. Usually prices for features drop a lot from year to year.

This weekend a saw a new Sony that looks like it is trying to compete with the GoPro. About $300, tiny and recorded 120 and 60 fps slomo in high definition. Might be great for match recording.

don

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9329 users online. 9 members and 9320 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X