Roland Garros 'Official Game'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Garros 'Official Game'

I'm inviting you to join the contest on the Roland Garros web site. My team in "oldpros". I registered a group called "Tennisplayers" for members of the tennisplayer.net forum. I'll put up a thread. To compete in the group you'll need the group's name: Tennisplayers and the password which is 6WYXS.

The url is http://www.myrolandgarroscup.com/

It's under the Social drop down menu on the main web site as the Official Game.

Check it out on the RG website (http://www.rolandgarros.com/). You pick up to 6 players each round. You spend a preassigned budget and you earn points depending on how well you do.

Thought it might be fun. We'll just be competing for bragging rights in our tennisplayers group, but you can win actual prizes in the contest against the rest of the world.

Get cracking before the matches start. You can't choose any player once his match has been called to the court.

don

Don,

Thanks for setting this up.
    I usually don't participate in stuff like this due to my lack of technological abilities and time constraints but I figured I just may have a little fun with it.

I'm not a Pro Tour Progniscator either.

I registered and have joined the 'TennisPlayer' group. Looking forward to a great event. Good luck to you and your team.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

RG Game

I signed up. I randomly selected six players without too much perusal of the draw. I need to check the rules out later when I have more time.
      Stotty

Comment

We need someone who can handicap!

We're not looking too good. With all but one of my first round matches played, I'm leading the group and I'm barely on the 50th page of the overall Roland Garros standings. We need someone to 'represent'!

Here's the data you need:

To compete in the group you'll need the group's name: Tennisplayers and the password which is 6WYXS.

There's a separate contest for each round in addition to the overall.

Someone in this forum must be able to pick 'em!

don

Comment

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
          We're not looking too good. With all but one of my first round matches played, I'm leading the group and I'm barely on the 50th page of the overall Roland Garros standings. We need someone to 'represent'!

To compete in the group you'll need the group's name: Tennisplayers and the password which is 6WYXS.

don

3 of my players play on Tuesday. Once my first round is complete I'll have many more points. I just happened to pick 3 players who play on final day of round 1. No worries. I'll be in great shape. Wish I could spend more time on this game, sadly, my tennis teaching career is killing my tennis prognostication job.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

So far, so good.

I haven't checked but I must be swimming in points. Four of my players are through, one lost, and the remaining player (Benoit Paire) has yet to finish due to rain delays. Benoit is a break up in the third. When Benoit completes I guess I'll get a prompt to select further players for the second round.?
            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
              I haven't checked but I must be swimming in points. Four of my players are through, one lost, and the remaining player (Benoit Paire) has yet to finish due to rain delays. Benoit is a break up in the third. When Benoit completes I guess I'll get a prompt to select further players for the second round.?
              Stotty

You should already be able to select players for your next round. There should be a tab above your roster that allows you to change rounds. I'm not computer savvy enough to give you exact lingo and instructions but it should be right there.

As for me, I went 6 for 6 in the 1st round. Didn't take too many risks to start. Will bring the fury as the tournament progresses and start taking risks. Unfortunately, that "oldpro" and wily veteran tennis_chiro still is in the lead.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton

Comment

Round selector is just at the top

The round selector is right at the top of the page under the "My Teams" banner after you select the "My Teams" choice from Home, Groups, My Teams or Rankings. You have to select your choices before the match gets called to the court. But after the contestants have been determined by the outcome of the previous match. I think you can also change it before the match has been called to the court.

As for my Oldpros, we lucked out. I chose Devarmann as an underdog to be my double or nothing and ended up getting almost 400 points out of him. I was only 7 minutes off on estimated match duration. Amazing that some people have over 1000 points. I guess with three more underdogs winning, I could have had over 900 points, but that's tough to do.

I'm going more conservative this round with Federer as my double up. Counting on him to win in straights. If he can win in under 2 hours (guessed 1:46), he's good for almost 270 points. My only underdog is Monfils, but I didn't want to put him down for the double.

don

Comment

The round selector is right at the top of the page under the "My Teams" banner after you select the "My Teams" choice from Home, Groups, My Teams or Rankings. You have to select your choices before the match gets called to the court. But after the contestants have been determined by the outcome of the previous match. I think you can also change it before the match has been called to the court.

As for my Oldpros, we lucked out. I chose Devarmann as an underdog to be my double or nothing and ended up getting almost 400 points out of him. I was only 7 minutes off on estimated match duration. Amazing that some people have over 1000 points. I guess with three more underdogs winning, I could have had over 900 points, but that's tough to do.

I'm going more conservative this round with Federer as my double up. Counting on him to win in straights. If he can win in under 2 hours (guessed 1:46), he's good for almost 270 points. My only underdog is Monfils, but I didn't want to put him down for the double.

don
                  Until Paire finishes his first round match, I don't know how many points I will have to play with. And some of the second round matches are already under way!
                  Stotty

Comment

SlamTracker

You're right, tennis_chiro...that IBM SlamTracker is amazing,
                    Stotty

Comment

Can't win this hedging

I made a mistake. I hedged on the time for Federer/Devarrman moving it from 1:46 to 2:10 and that cost me 24 points. Figured Devarrman could possible win a set and then it would have been a longer match.

Looks impossible to score high in this contest. The leaders are averaging over 800 points per round. That's 400 off an underdog with bonuses and double points, but you still have to hit hit a couple of more longshots or go 5 for 5 on favorites or slight underdogs. Tough.

I would like to average 650. That would get me in the top 1%. To get above that you would really have to throw the dice.

Anyone still want to get in for the additional rounds, they are giving prizes for each round of the tournament.

Stotty, where is your team?

Kyle, get your final pick in for the second round before they get called to the court.

don

Comment

I made a mistake. I hedged on the time for Federer/Devarrman moving it from 1:46 to 2:10 and that cost me 24 points. Figured Devarrman could possible win a set and then it would have been a longer match.

Looks impossible to score high in this contest. The leaders are averaging over 800 points per round. That's 400 off an underdog with bonuses and double points, but you still have to hit hit a couple of more longshots or go 5 for 5 on favorites or slight underdogs. Tough.

I would like to average 650. That would get me in the top 1%. To get above that you would really have to throw the dice.

Anyone still want to get in for the additional rounds, they are giving prizes for each round of the tournament.

Stotty, where is your team?

Kyle, get your final pick in for the second round before they get called to the court.

don
                        I thought I was on your team. I'm struggling with this game. All my players are winning...well, most of them...yet I'm scooping so few points. Obviously I need to go for longshots?? I'm a slow learner...bear with me.
                        Stotty

Comment

Find it challenging

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                          I thought I was on your team. I'm struggling with this game. All my players are winning...well, most of them...yet I'm scooping so few points. Obviously I need to go for longshots?? I'm a slow learner...bear with me.
                          I find it kind of interesting. You have to figure out how to choose a team and yet stay within the 300 point budget. I just noticed that I have 300 bonus points and I can use up to 50 additional points to add to the 300 for this round. It's really important to get the double right and as much of the associated 150 bonus points for whether or not they win in straights and the length of the match. Also getting tricky as 2nd and 3rd rounds overlap so you don't see all the 3rd round matches as choices. I was going to be forced to take a couple of 20 pointers and I thought I would choose three good longshots figuring one or two would win and I would otherwise end up getting one good bet and be limited to maybe 4 or 5 entries.

It's the necessary choices that make it interesting. It's making me more interested in the matches and looking up head-to-heads.

Of course, I'm not teaching 40 hours a week. I'll teach Fri Sat and Sun evening this weekend and I worked as a chiropractor Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs this week, but only a few hours at most each day.

don

Comment

What a bum!

I feel like a better at the race track who just lost a bundle on a horse that led the race and quit on the last turn. 4 match points for 400+ points, gone.
                            Bummer.
                            But I got what I deserve for betting on Monfils. Had to love Robredo's attitude. Why did Monfils keep hitting to Tommy's forehand??

don

Comment

Moving up....

I must be improving. I moved up 2000 places...don't ask me how.
                              Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8369 users online. 4 members and 8365 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X