Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing at the Harbor Point/Tiburon club today, against a top ten opponent m55s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing at the Harbor Point/Tiburon club today, against a top ten opponent m55s.

That's where JY filmed the back hand over head piece. Played the same guy last year, and he psyched me when I had six break/set points against him. He said, "You have to play to my rhythm on my serve!", when I was wiping blinding sun screen off in between points. Was a hot day, in Mill Valley tc. Last year I hit about 6,000 serves to get ready today. My serve cost me that match.

Alert the media!
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Geoff Good Luck!

Comment

Pulled hamstring and lost 1 and 0! Sucks. Can't play a 5.0 player on one leg. Also could not drive up on serve and double faulted 2-3 times a game. Did not adjust. The guy started the warm up from hand feeds, hitting winners to the side as a prick thing. When I went into the net to take volleys, he slammed his shots as hard as he could. Have not seen that in 40 years of play. Oh well. Some guys will do anything to win. I hit one winner in the warm up and that got him going along the dark side! Sucks to lose. Tomorrow is another day. All that work down the drain. Sometimes this game is not so fun.

Comment

On the plus side Scott Murphy saw a few games of your match and complimented your wardrobe which I gather was somewhat unique for Mill Valley.

Comment

My long warm up pants no doubt! Always wear them, to keep cool and warm. Couple of times a ball came onto our court during points and distracted me, and the ref. would not let the point be played over at all. I don't understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
              My long warm up pants no doubt! Always wear them, to keep cool and warm. Couple of times a ball came onto our court during points and distracted me, and the ref. would not let the point be played over at all. I don't understand that.
              Hi Geoff,

Did you stop play immediately and call a let? You are not allowed to call a let after you have played your shot. If you stopped play, I don't see why the ref would not let you play a let.

Blake

Comment

It's hard to stop play when the ball comes into your line of view just as you are hitting your shot. No way to stop play.

Comment

The Serve...

Geoff...It sounds as if your serve is a serious liability. Particularly when the chips are down and the nerves are in play. Any chance of you posting some video of it and letting us coaches have a look at it. Just a thought. All of that practice should have done something...unless you are grooving a ineffective motion...don_budge
                  don_budge

Comment

Very Interesting...but unfortunately inconclusive. Maxwell Smart (Get Smart)

Ok...now I am really curious. If you are interested in my analysis...shoot something on the court actually serving. There is some good stuff and the makings of a good serve...but there was definitely enough in your "deck view" to lead me to believe that there are some specific reasons that you are having problems with your serve and in particular your second serve.

Please shoot some first and second serves and let me have at it. I won't disappoint you. We can iron this out...I promise.
                    don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8110 users online. 16 members and 8094 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X