Bartolli's dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartolli's dad

Can some of you outline some of the things Bartolli's father did with her development that were so "unusual?"

He glued tennis balls to the heels of her tennis shoes so she would have to get used being on her toes.

That's something they've talked about numerous times on ESPN. I can only imagine the other stuff he did. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, She's a Wimbledon Champion.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
      Can some of you outline some of the things Bartolli's father did with her development that were so "unusual?"
      I remember reading that he would have her run on a treadmill and then jump off in a split step and then jump back on the moving treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreycounts View Post
        I remember reading that he would have her run on a treadmill and then jump off in a split step and then jump back on the moving treadmill.
        Good one, but perhaps not that unusual since they do similar things at Sanchez-Casal Academy. Maybe someone learned it from someone...more a European idea than American.

Comment

What about her racquet?

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
          Is her racquet longer than standard length...not that there are any specific standards?
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Cheating?

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
            Is her racquet longer than standard length...not that there are any specific standards?
            I answered my own question...it's an inch and a half longer. 104 square inches. Cheating? Naahhh...

Last edited by don_budge; 08-06-2013, 12:24 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
            don_budge

Comment

WTF...World Tennis Federation or What the F***?

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
              I answered my own question...it's an inch and a half longer. 104 square inches. Cheating? Naahhh...

http://www.tennis.com/gear/2011/06/b.../#.UgDN5I7vZ0c

Marion Bartoli has retired from tennis with immediate effect, just six weeks after winning her first grand slam title at Wimbledon.

And now it is apparent that she has retired from the sport of tennis...just weeks after winning the Wimbledon crown.

A real switcheroo...usually the first Slam whets the appetite. But for Marion it was a signal to scoot and call it quits. Do I smell a rat?
              Last edited by don_budge; 08-16-2013, 11:27 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
              don_budge

Comment

Could be that she knows the score.

Comment

She's Quirky Alright...but she's French!

Originally posted by bottle View Post
                  Could be that she knows the score.
                  It wasn't something you could immediately explain, but in only a matter of hours following Marion Bartoli's Wimbledon win this Saturday, som...

Quirky right to the very end. Once upon a time...I wrote about Marion Bartoli's service action and said it was unorthodox. Bottle was all over my case and insisted on the descriptive verb "quirky". Not so long ago I used the word "convoluted" to describe another service motion...julian1 took exception to that. These are the days where you have to watch what you say. Even when you are talking tennis (read tennis doping)...or talking to your girlfriend on the telephone. The thought police are out there. Shhhh!!!!

But what do I care. I don't give a damn. It's too late. I am going to say what I feel and if they come for me...so be it. Joke 'em if they can't take a you-know-what!

But here's a little glimpse of Marion Bartoli. She retired almost immediately after winning Wimbledon. I raised the specter of "doping" just as an intelligent question. It's not an accusation per se...just stating one of several possible feasible scenarios.

The French...you gotta love 'em. Where else in the world can husband and wife disappear for an hour after work and neither asks the other where they have been. The "Parisian Hour". Talk about "don't ask, don't tell". It makes all of the sense in the world. Just to be able to see the one that you really love for just an hour. That would be heaven...on earth. What am I saying?

So the French by nature appear to be a little "quirky" by nature. You see it oozing out of their pores in the tennis that they play. Interesting that they have so many player bursting onto the scene as of late. Everyone of them with their own interpretation. Art taking precedence over science...as it should be. It's more sustainable. As Bottle once quoted...every invention comes with a curse. Make love...not war!
                  Last edited by don_budge; 08-23-2013, 11:17 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                  don_budge

Comment

Fourteen whacks!

Comment

The editor-in-chief at Farrar Straus went to lengths to praise the quirkiness of the characters in my novel THE PURSE MAKER'S CLASP. So I sent it to Quirk Books on Church Street in Philadelphia and was barely able to elicit the sterility of a ready made rejection slip.

By now I've finished reading this full and very good article on Marion Bartoli and remain like its author and Pierce Brosnan a fan of hers.

Also, I think she looks good.
                      Last edited by bottle; 08-24-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8041 users online. 5 members and 8036 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X