Developing an ATP Style Two-Handed Backhand: Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing an ATP Style Two-Handed Backhand: Part 1

Would love to get your thoughts on Rick Macci's latest: "Developing an ATP Style Two-Handed Backhand: Part 1"

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Would love to get your thoughts on Rick Macci's latest: "Developing an ATP Style Two-Handed Backhand: Part 1"
    Looks good to me. The main course will probably be in part two though, I think that is where more of the confusion for the two hander comes into play.

Comment

WTA backhand

Is this ATP style to be in contrast to a WTA style? Thanks, Pedro

Comment

Li Na

Originally posted by privas View Post
        Is Li NA a good model of WTA backhand FOR YOU?

Comment

Previous related posts

Originally posted by jasonfrausto View Post
          Looks good to me. The main course will probably be in part two though, I think that is where more of the confusion for the two hander comes into play.
          Hi,
          Probably

Post #6 would be a good point to talk
          Regards,
          Julian
          Last edited by julian1; 08-10-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Link

If the link above does not work please type it by hand in your URL line

Comment

Pedro,

Correct.

Comment

Stretch business...

So the right arm should be stretched out at the end of the backswing or should it be stretched out before...or doesn't it matter?
                Stotty

Comment

Right Arm

Right arm should be stretched out and to the outside as early as possible. So there should be a pause before the forward swing. There are video's of Macci teaching it to a couple of Jr's on youtube.

Sean

Comment

Hmm

I notice Andy Murray only fully straightens out the right arm at the end of the backswing.

Djokovic looks like he straightens out earlier.

Seems like there is a little leeway here on this aspect.
                    Last edited by stotty; 08-15-2013, 01:37 PM.
                    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                      I notice Andy Murray only fully straightens out the right arm at the end of the backswing.

Djokovic looks like he straightens out earlier.

Seems like there is a little leeway here on this aspect.
                      Correct. Some of the talking points in this video as well as the forehand SSC technique have more flexibility to them than what is being shown in the videos. It sounds like they are trying to establish a fairly good outline/universal method. Which to me is a great thing, but there is more flexibility than what is being implied.
                      Last edited by jasonfrausto; 08-16-2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by privas View Post
                        I love that you've asked this question!!! I've spent a good bit of time reviewing the differences between the FH and BH strokes between players in the ATP and WTA and have concluded that there is some universal differences. I'm not in the circles to know why they would be taught differently, though have some thoughts. So, would love to see a deeper conversation on that topic. We've touched on it to some degree dealing with the ATP forehand, as Brian brings out those differences in the columns themselves. He doesn't deal with why the universal difference exists. I'd love to get input on those points.

Comment

More in coming months from Brian on this...

Comment

John,
                            First you teased us about Daniel in a bikini and now this....I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!

whew....I'm better now....I look forward to your sharing both items with us in the near future!!!

Comment

Greg,

Deferred gratification is always the best...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9101 users online. 8 members and 9093 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X