Forehand Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forehand Grip

John, a Question. As you know, I have had trouble keeping my wrist firm on my forehand.I had been using [I think, a semi western] a conservative grip somewhat similiar to Federer. I found by switching to a little more of an extreme grip [more of an easten] I am much more able to keep the wrist firm and my shots are staying in the court instead of going long. I also have much more confidence when I hit the shot. I don't know if this is really a question, I just wanted to hear your view.
    Mike

Firm wrist on forehand? Well, keep your hitting arm relax and your grip relax too. The force of impact will stabilize it!

You said that since you switched to an "extreme" grip Eastern Forehand your wrist is firm now. Great. But let me tell you that Eastern grip is not an extreme grip, western grips are! Stick with Eastern forehand grip because it will provide you with more success. John can correct me if I am wrong!

Comment

Maybe eastern is "extreme" if we mean bordering on extinct... but Mike the laid back wrist position (with everything still relaxed) is a constant on eastern and semi-western (if more laid back on the semi). So if the eastern is working for you then that's great and it's the grip I believe 99% of all players should be using. Might be time to send in that follow up video. We don't have to do the full treatment, but we could past a clip in the Forum.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8635 users online. 6 members and 8629 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X