No announcement yet.

Practice, Practice = Drilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah in the winter I usually go to the racquetball court. The wall is great for volleys, but I was never really sure how good it would be for groundstrokes because the ball comes back at almost the same height everytime.

Comment

I think you're right about the regularity of the return of the ball off the wall being a bit of a problem and messing it a bit your anticipatory skills. I know I'm sometimes surprised more than it seems like I should be by the angles and flight path and spin of the ball when I'm playing a person, and some of that I suspect comes from spending so much time on a ball machine or with a wall where the action is pretty predictable, but I also suspect all that drilling time allows me to handle, ultimately, more balls than I would have if I had never worked with a machine or wall.

While not that great at helping me produce winning shots, I do think the wall is pretty good at helping you produce a basic keep-the-ball-in-play, down the middle rally ball. I certainly helped me that way.

Racquet ball courts, on the other hand, with their slick floors, can provide some really low/flat/speedy bounces.

So we've come up with another idea for a new essay on the page: one of the pros and cons of wall work, to go along with a drop shot article. Great post by Kevin. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shootermcmarc0
        Yeah in the winter I usually go to the racquetball court.
        I thought I was the only nut that did this. One day I will live in a climate that is warm all year and won't have to. I can't wait!

Comment

Sometimes I even hit serves in the racquetball court just to practice my service motion lol

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4783 users online. 4 members and 4779 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X