Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Only Way to Win: Introduction

Let's get your thoughts on Jim Loehr's "The Only Way to Win: Introduction"

Jim just presented here at ITF World Conference in Mexico on the same topic.
    It was inspiring, and I hope more tennis coaches, parents, and players can receive his message...

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Let's get your thoughts on Jim Loehr's "The Only Way to Win: Introduction"
      Well, I have to say this is impressive. This kind of thing can be so difficult to get across to certain parents. It often takes someone with credentials like Jim's to skillfully get this kind of message out to parents and aspiring youngsters.

Very impressive. I liked Jim's calm and his delivery.
      Last edited by stotty; 11-07-2013, 02:16 PM.
      Stotty

Comment

Fantastic addition - I am eager to listen to the rest of
        the series.

Comment

Great Interview in Orlando.

Dr. Loehr's information and research can greatly benefit our students and ourselves. He is a class act and a great asset to the industry. What he says is hard to argue against and the amount of research and players he's worked with give him the credentials to make his words meaningful and impactful. This interview was just enough to wet our appetite for what's to come in this series. I want more! I look forward to it.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

Yes, yes and yes!!! I have a senior in high school who I have tried relentlessly to teach that it is not about the outcome but about the process. Many of her top competitors academically are so results oriented. They are so worried about what schools they will get into. They never stop to think whether they have become better people. To me that is the most important point of education, tennis or any endeavor.

Phil Jackson and Uncle Toni come to mind. They both emphasize so many things that are antithetical to success within our society. And yet they are so successful. Jim hit's the nail on the head.

In fact, we could think of tennis as a form of play therapy. A way to find a better self that then transcends the tennis court.

Excellent video!!!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8484 users online. 6 members and 8478 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X