Can a coach dump a player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a coach dump a player?

Richard Gasquet dumped by coachUpdated: November 9, 2013, 6:52 PM ETAssociated Press Recommend62Tweet36Comments19EmailPrintLONDON -- Richard Gasquet found out on the eve of his final match at the ATP World Tour Finals that coach Riccardo Piatti decided to end their partnership without further notice.

Gasquet, who lost his final round-robin match at the year-end tournament to Novak Djokovic on Saturday, said Piatti abruptly told him he was leaving after more than two years working together.

Gasquet, who won three titles this season and reached the semifinals at the US Open, did not elaborate on his coach's decision, saying it was for Piatti to explain his reasons.

Gasquet will keep working with part-time coach Sebastien Grosjean until he finds a replacement for Piatti.

The Dumps...Richard Gasquet and Frankie

Can a coach dump a player? Can a bear poop in the woods?

It has been my experience in life that anyone can dump anyone at any given time for any given reason. There is one notable exception illustrated by a quote from none other than Nick Bollettieri (Bowl of Cherries)...although knowing Nick he probably stole it from someone else. Be that as it may...

Recipe for happiness: an insatiable curiosity, a joy of discovery, quick to forgive, hold no grudges, love without condition, stay loyal to the death, see the best and ignore the rest – wow, we can learn a lot from man’s best friend!

I met this girl in Hawaii...we were going to dance into the sunset together. I used to be johnny_tango, you know. A trip down to Buenos Aires to take up the tango together was an eye opener. When we returned from Argentina...from the land of the Jolly Argentine Giant and the land of the Milongo...we were going to pick up Frankie, the chocolate lab puppy that we had picked out before we left. Once we got back from Argentina the writing was on the wall and she was grousing that we shouldn't take the puppy as we had some other issues without a puppy in our lives. Oh really Sweetheart...I said unsuspectingly.

I called the girl with the litter and put the puppy on hold for 24 hours. I thought about it and came up with this pearl of foresight...this dog and I are going to be together till death do us part...you, my dear Stella...I am not too certain of. I kept the dog and Frankie is with me to this very day...my best friend. We walk out to the stable every morning to feed the horses and the cats. My only friend. She's gone...she left me for some other guy, dancing into the sunset with the other guy from the Tango Club. He was just another victim in the end...I am sure.

So yes...a coach can dump a player. Bollettieri will have you believe that it was him that dumped Agassi and not the other day around. In the end...what does it matter? Life goes on...with or without you.
    Last edited by don_budge; 11-11-2013, 03:30 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      Can a coach dump a player? Can a bear poop in the woods?

It has been my experience in life that anyone can dump anyone at any given time for any given reason. There is one notable exception illustrated by a quote from none other than Nick Bollettieri (Bowl of Cherries)...although knowing Nick he probably stole it from someone else. Be that as it may...

Recipe for happiness: an insatiable curiosity, a joy of discovery, quick to forgive, hold no grudges, love without condition, stay loyal to the death, see the best and ignore the rest – wow, we can learn a lot from man’s best friend!

I met this girl in Hawaii...we were going to dance into the sunset together. I used to be johnny_tango, you know. A trip down to Buenos Aires to take up the tango together was an eye opener. When we returned from Argentina...from the land of the Jolly Argentine Giant and the land of the Milongo...we were going to pick up Frankie, the chocolate lab puppy that we had picked out before we left. Once we got back from Argentina the writing was on the wall and she was grousing that we shouldn't take the puppy as we had some other issues without a puppy in our lives. Oh really Sweetheart...I said unsuspectingly.

I called the girl with the litter and put the puppy on hold for 24 hours. I thought about it and came up with this pearl of foresight...this dog and I are going to be together till death do us part...you, my dear Stella...I am not too certain of. I kept the dog and Frankie is with me to this very day...my best friend. We walk out to the stable every morning to feed the horses and the cats. My only friend. She's gone...she left me for some other guy, dancing into the sunset with the other guy from the Tango Club. He was just another victim in the end...I am sure.

So yes...a coach can dump a player. Bollettieri will have you believe that it was him that dumped Agassi and not the other day around. In the end...what does it matter? Life goes on...with or without you.
      Great post...amusing. You're a great poster...prolific...and very skilled.
      Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7639 users online. 6 members and 7633 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X