Sharapova's New Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharapova's New Coach

Maria Sharapova announced today that she has hired Sven Groeneveld as her new coach. We are al familiar with Sven's work in his coaching career as well as John's interviews with him on tennisplayer.net.

I'm confident Sven will take Maria's game back to the top and am even more confident it will last longer than Maria's previous coach Jimmy Connors and his tenure of just one match.

http://tennis.si.com/2013/11/21/mari...tion=si_latest

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

He has a challenge on his hands that's for sure.

Comment

Sven is not one to back away from a challenge. It's a good move by Sharapova and it shows she wants to make an improvement. The expectations are going to be very high. I think Sven's job is coming down to 1 goal...beat Serena. That's all.

Also, Sharapova's old coach Tomas Hogstedt has now agreed to coach Caroline Wozniacki. Good hire for Woz.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Only one way to coach a spoiled brat: not be listened to, and be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post

I'm confident Sven will take Maria's game back to the top and am even more confident it will last longer than Maria's previous coach Jimmy Connors and his tenure of just one match.

http://tennis.si.com/2013/11/21/mari...tion=si_latest

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton
          I just don't see Maria getting back to the top anytime soon, unless one of the two ladies currently at the top succumbs to injury or retires.

Comment

Originally posted by dimitrios View Post
            I just don't see Maria getting back to the top anytime soon, unless one of the two ladies currently at the top succumbs to injury or retires.
            You are right. Serena and Azarenka seem to be the clear cut #1 and #2. But Sharapova has surprised us before. Say what you want about Maria's game, unlike many big hitters, Sharapova is also great fighter. If she doesn't reach the top again, it won't be due to a lack of effort.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7675 users online. 8 members and 7667 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X