Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video and topspin

John
    As a coach I think not videotaping a students stroke is doing a disservice to your client. I think probably taping from the side (to see point of contact)
    and from behind (watching the length of the backswing) is the 2 angles I have had the most success with.

I have just about stoped saying to players to drop the racket below the below the ball as it seems to disrupt the quality of contact. With the right grip and stroke a player will get enough topspin. Your thoughts?
    robheath

Right on the video... If the student isn't getting video feedback at the very least he is not maximizing the experience--that's being charitable...I like your angles, although I also like the 3/4 front angle--like to see the angles of the body rotation and the position of the racket on extension and followthrough.

Regarding topspin, it's the angle of the swing plane that generates topspin. "Droping" the racket is a bit nebulous and can lead to loss of the hitting arm position altogether. If you look at the Federer articles you can see that with that kind of conservative grip, the whole arm structure can be rotated back and then forward in the "wiper" finish. That's pretty advanced though. In general if the player just finds the hitting arm position and swings for the proper finish position he can get a lot of topspin--especially with image of brushing the back of the ball.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8753 users online. 1 members and 8752 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X