Edberg to coach Federer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edberg to coach Federer?

Its on the internet, and a Swedish friend of mine, who played with him this week, confirmed it. Edberg says Federer should play more aggressively (I guess he means more serve and volley to cut down tiring rallies). Hope it works out!

Yes, Yes, Yes.

Let's hope so!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

When Fed beat sampras at wimbledon in 2000 or so in five sets, Fed served/volleyed the whole match at 19 yrs. old, and came in about 150 times at least.

Comment

Interesting

If Federer wants to learn more about the court geometry of volleying, who better to guide him than Edberg. He's bound to know things Federer doesn't. I can understand this coaching move way better than Djokovic's recruiting of Becker.

I just think it might be too late in the day. Federer dumped serve and volley as a game style in his early twenties, surely he can't relearn it now. He's lost the ability to read things at the net, which he was developing so well when he defeated Sampras at Wimbledon.

It will be interesting to see how this coaching relationship pans out.
        Stotty

Comment

Fedberg or EdCroix?

If for some reason Federer decides not to hire Mr. Stefan Edberg as his coach, I will respectfully do the honors and make a formal and public request that the serve and volley Swede accepts me as his young charge. Although I may not have Federer's 17 Grand Slam titles, nor a current world ranking as of press time, I do have a great work ethic, an ambitious attitude, willing to serve and volley, I'm a year younger than Federer therefore more gas left in my tank and I'm 6'6". That final point is something that Federer cannot compete with no matter how hard he practices. So...what do you think he'll say? I will patiently await his response in which I'm sure will be a resounding YES after he has weighed his options. Choose wisely Mr. Edberg.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
            If for some reason Federer decides not to hire Mr. Stefan Edberg as his coach, I will respectfully do the honors and make a formal and public request that the serve and volley Swede accepts me as his young charge. Although I may not have Federer's 17 Grand Slam titles, nor a current world ranking as of press time, I do have a great work ethic, an ambitious attitude, willing to serve and volley, I'm a year younger than Federer therefore more gas left in my tank and I'm 6'6". That final point is something that Federer cannot compete with no matter how hard he practices. So...what do you think he'll say? I will patiently await his response in which I'm sure will be a resounding YES after he has weighed his options. Choose wisely Mr. Edberg.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton
            So much for Edberg accepting my offer.

It's official. Edberg signs on to coach Federer. Will begin in Melbourne at Aussie Open. Have agreed to 10 weeks, will then decide from there.

I wonder what he saw in Federer he didn't see in me?

Kyle LaCroix USTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

I here he's switching to a bigger bat as well...
              Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                I here he's switching to a bigger bat as well...
                Yes. This is true. looking like a 98 sq. in racquet similar to what he was using over the summer

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7916 users online. 3 members and 7913 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X