The Serve and Volley Mentality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    Nope…I am not questioning whether or not he should go to the net. My question is simply…did he go to the net even once? I don't remember him hitting a single volley. If he did not hit a single volley to win the Tour Championships I find that noteworthy. In fact I would find that to be quite remarkable.

In the historical context of the game it would be a remarkable feat if he did not hit a single ball in the air. Students of the game would have to take pause and ponder such a remarkable feat.

If Novak did indeed win the Tour Championships without hitting a single solitary volley…I will go one step further than saying the courts are soulless. If this is the case then tennis has become a soulless game. We have crossed the line…in more ways than one.

The game has been reengineered from the once vibrant and diverse "being" that it was. The life has been sucked out of it.
    My answer of "Nope" was in response to your question of whether Novak came to the net. My answer was Nope, zero, zip, zilch, nada.

It is a sad state of affairs when that happens at any level. Especially the highest level.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Match Stats?

Originally posted by klacr View Post
      My answer of "Nope" was in response to your question of whether Novak came to the net. My answer was Nope, zero, zip, zilch, nada.

It is a sad state of affairs when that happens at any level. Especially the highest level.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton
      Can you find any "match stats" to confirm this? I find this truly extraordinary…and personally redeeming. If in fact it is true…I predicted this predicament 35 years ago. They have ruined the game.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I went back to take a look at the stats.

Net Points Won
        Federer 14/21
        Djokovic 2/2

Problem with these stats is it does not specify if Djokovic came in on his own terms. But let's say he did...2 times. TWO!!!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4033 users online. 3 members and 4030 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X