Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one thing you could do to improve the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the one thing you could do to improve the most?

That's an individual question. For most: it's consistency. Or power. Or their serve/return games. Or volley game.

Consistency: Get into position faster, coil faster, get ready faster with better foot work and intention. Don't go for too much. Clear the net by at least 2'. Decide that each error is worth a dollar amount. Serve: hit seconds or spin serves only. Returns: stand farther back and make sure to shorten your stroke and just block the shots.

Power: Coil so that if you looked backwards, you can see the back fence, off both fh/bh shots. Footwork is essential, as is huge coil for power. So is greater mass in the frame: silicone, lead. Powerful string jobs: gut/alu, or l-tec 4s/gut. Larger kinetic path ways: reach back more, and instead of drawing back your shots, snap them back/shove them back into the snap. Serve: greater leg drive, more snap back, larger motion forward, direct pathway backwards, and pronate the forearm with relaxed speed. REturn: coil faster, and decide where to hit the returns before the serve is ever hit. String a little looser, use a stiffer RA, and use more mass.

Volley game: Snap back on the volley if you have time, instead of just blocking it. Stomp your foot and use your body on the impact moment. Coil more and get sideways more esp. on the fh volley. Draw back more if you have time.

In my case, as I have mentioned to John, it is to improve the racket drop on the serve. Am still trying and trying, but it is about the only thing I really have not made much progress on. Guess I have a programmed ROM on it, after over 50 years of playing tennis...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8292 users online. 6 members and 8286 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X