Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on our next tennis country ...

Hello:

In terms of tennis what countries do you like?
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 11-16-2014, 12:10 AM. Reason: Clarity's purpose

Ukrania...SNAFU

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
    Hello:

It's insane.

The countries where the new wife can travel to right now are as follows: Peru, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Brazil, Moldova, Serbia, Egypt, Thailand and Montenegro.

So, what do you all think would be the best fit for tennis?
    I am not certain what would be best for the tennis...but of the choices...all things being equal...I'd take Peru. Hockey might be a tough sell...but a few years in that part of the world gives the girl and the baby some time to grow up. In some parts of the Old World...time has been known to stand still. Some of the plants growing there have been referred to as "the Flesh of the Gods". There is a lot of Native American culture still alive down there...that is where I would go if I was on the lamb for any reason. Under the radar. Good Luck and God Speed Brother...keep us posted. What a tough deal that is turning out to be in the Ukraine...I suspect the reality is even worse than CNN is spinning it.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Interesting!

I am kind of shocked with all the Futures Tournaments being held in Turkey! Now I know why so many young Russian and Ukrainian players make it their permanent base.
      Last edited by hockeyscout; 11-16-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Peru

Wow, I had to take out a map to find Peru! South America. Man, am I bad with my geography.

Comment

Darn ...

Hello: I guess Turkey is out now. Police firing tear gas at protesters, and a call for the prime minister to leave. What's the world coming to people?

Comment

Brazil looks good...

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
            Hello: I guess Turkey is out now. Police firing tear gas at protesters, and a call for the prime minister to leave. What's the world coming to people?
            Brazil is good. I was born there. My father and mother lived there for many years in the 50s and 60s. Best country in the world for soccer, formula one and hand ball....not sure about tennis. The people are uplifting and confident (my dad's description of the people in Rio) and there's rarely a dull moment.

On a serious note, sorry to hear about the woes in Ukraine. It looks like a meltdown according to news channels over here. Once law and order break down all sorts of psychopaths come out of the woodwork. Take care and look out for your family.

Amazing Turkey (and Egypt) having all those tournaments. How that came about I have no idea. A poor country playing a rich man's game.
            Stotty

Comment

Huge resorts ...

Huge resorts. Big time tourism. Great weather. So, a nice hub for tennis tournaments. Dubai as well.

Comment

Girl from Ipanema

I second the opinion of Stotty. Brazil is nice. I have a condo there. Beaches are amazing. Slow red clay courts as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA

Good luck with the issues occurring in Ukraine. Heartbreaking really. Good luck to you and your young family.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

I love the clay for kids. Nice on the body.
                  Last edited by hockeyscout; 11-16-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8028 users online. 4 members and 8024 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X