No announcement yet.

Racket drop woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is not a circle, it's just an abbreviated stiff coil without any real fluidity.

Do you see how becker goes under his elbow, ( slow mo) with a snap back motion? That is the magic bullet you seek. You have to practice going under your elbow, and snapping back on yourself, not just dropping the frame down, but dropping and snapping back on yourself, way under your elbow like becker does. Right now your frame does not drop at all. You have no coil, no chest turn, no hip turn, no shoulder turn, nothing at all but just a short 22 caliber stiff armed shot. You can correct it in ten minutes if you so choose. You have a psych block against it. Maybe you destroyed a light in your house as a child with a frame, and got showered with glass or something like that.

It's not ten things, it's one thing, a whole, like a phone number. You can either think of a phone # as ten separate digits, or just one number, ten separate hard to remember items, or one easy item.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-06-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks Geoff, but after close to 60 years of doing it, it ain't so easy to change... but I'll keep trying...

This is yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RSGVbGn7oA
      Last edited by gzhpcu; 07-06-2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Time for a reality check:

I am not an aspiring junior, I will be 70 next year (even though I feel like 50...). I am happy with my serve as is, except to get a better racket drop. I am not a young Boris Becker physically, and am not able to get his knee bend, chest coil, hip turn etc.

I know I can get a better racket drop, looking at my video of my practice stroke. The practice stroke does not entail complicated body movements. Just want to get it integrated in my serve.

Will try John's suggestion. Thanks for all the comments.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7752 users online. 7 members and 7745 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X