Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serve and Volley Part 3: Tactical Components

Nice article!

I serve and volley often and the fourth factor that isn't mentioned is the physical aspect. Compared to serving and staying back, serve and volley takes a lot more effort and requires more athleticism to be successful. But, this is coming from a player who is 5'10" and not 6'6".

However, I love S&V because of its ability to disrupt the rhythm of a returner and I like to use this tactic to attack a player's weaker return.

What do you do with a player who likes a target?

lobndropshot

great comments.

You are right about the physical aspect. I touched on this a little bit in my last article on mentality. Also, I will be discussing it in greater detail in some future articles in this serve and volley series that I'm really excited about. Be on the lookout for those. Thanks for reading.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by lobndropshot View Post
      Nice article!

I serve and volley often and the fourth factor that isn't mentioned is the physical aspect. Compared to serving and staying back, serve and volley takes a lot more effort and requires more athleticism to be successful. But, this is coming from a player who is 5'10" and not 6'6".

However, I love S&V because of its ability to disrupt the rhythm of a returner and I like to use this tactic to attack a player's weaker return.

What do you do with a player who likes a target?
      You over commit at first, sacrifice a point or two, then fake the over commit, stop in no man's land, and then take the shot as a ground stroke approach shot.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7812 users online. 6 members and 7806 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X