No announcement yet.

2014 Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters...Monte-Carlo, Monaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the great thing about tennis. You don't have to play well, just better than the person you are playing.

Not the prettiest match by a long shot but it will do.

Federer wins 2-6, 7-6(6), 6-1.

Tsonga wondering if Federer is a 501(c)(3) organization. Frenchman donated that 3rd set to Federer.. Looking for it to be tax deductible.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Just got back home. Thanks for the update, Klacr. Tsonga reached culmination point and couldn't cross the line...two points from victory, but Federer was bearing down all the time...finally Tsonga capitulated. Missed the third set...looks like Tsonga just petered out...understandable. Tsonga was becoming more and more stretched when I left.

I really enjoyed the second set. What a tussle. I thought Federer sliced backhand to Tsonga's backhand worked a treat at times.
      Stotty

Comment

Wow! An all Swiss final! Both Stan and Roger played very well today. Really curious to see who wins tomorrow... Too bad Novak has a wrist injury... still Roger played great tennis. Roger does make more forays to the net. Thanks to Edberg?

Comment

I like Novak, but the wrist/forehand seemed to get worse after he lost the first set. Roger was working him very hard in that set and looking like only he can make it look, effortless, perfect technique. And does he ever look like he is winded, or even breathing hard? Tsonga definately tapped out in the 3rd vs Roger. Not impressive.

Comment

Great first set from Roger. He served exquisitely well and played brilliantly on the big points. Great to see him moving so well. Inexplicable lapse from Novak leading 40 love on serve. Shame Novak's wrist gave way. I was really looking forward to a three setter.
            Stotty

Comment

Love seeing an all Swiss final in Monte Carlo. Could this be Roger's chance to win that elusive MC crown? Will Stan be too tough. Stan demolished Ferrer in that first set. Will be interesting to see the match-up and tactics used. Federer is 13-1 vs. Wawrinka. But Wawrinka is a much different player than last time he played Federer. This is like Luke Skywalker vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I can't wait for this match! Although I'll have to catch a replay of it since I'll be on court all day. I'll say Federer in 3 sets.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton

Comment

Battle of the one-handed backhands?

Will we see some crosscourt backhand duels? Or will we see Wawrinka go after Federer's backhand while Federer gives Wawrinka a few more chances to hit his forehand? Who will exert dominance at the net? Who will control their service games more easily? What will be the expression on Severin's face?

This is actually interesting!

don

Comment

I think a lot of the match might be played in the head when it gets critical. Can Stan overcome his losses? However, he had his only win in Monte Carlo... hmmm... I am tending towards Stan, based on how he beat Ferrer...

Comment

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
                    Will we see some crosscourt backhand duels? Or will we see Wawrinka go after Federer's backhand while Federer gives Wawrinka a few more chances to hit his forehand?

don
                    I think we'll see that scenario. I think Federer will serve plenty to Wawrinka's forehand hoping for the blocked return to then take control of the rally. We'll see. It's going to be interesting.

Two one-handers in a final...don't see that often.
                    Stotty

Comment

And I we never saw two Swiss in a majors final either...

Comment

I'm going with Kyle's prediction, Fed in 3. I think Stan's only strategy should be to try to keep Fed in all backhand to backhand rallies, or at least as much as possible.

Comment

Well, the third set has started...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                            Well, the third set has started...
                            2-0 Wawrinka's starting to roll...
                            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                              2-0 Wawrinka's starting to roll...
                              0-4...looks there is no way back for Federer...can't see it.
                              Stotty

Comment

Stan looked too good in the end. Some really heavy hitting...phew. Federer should have nailed it in two...lapsed at the end of that second set.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7622 users online. 7 members and 7615 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X