Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof that snap back is always easier, more spin on one side of the racquet face.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that snap back is always easier, more spin on one side of the racquet face.

This image shows tie wraps woven among the crosses. Spin a lings.

Note that the friction direction of the crosses, shoves the tie wraps all "downwards" towards one direction: the direction determined by which first string cross: the side of the racquet facing that "downwards" cross string.

This shows that friction against snap back is always higher on the side of the frame, downwards, towards the higher friction point. This higher friction point forces all the tie wraps downwards, up against the main string. Look at the tie wraps, and see they are all up against the downwards main, and there is a gap, above them, on the upwards main.

The friction against snap back, on the upwards cross, (the upwards cross determined btw, shown by the location of the tie wraps, which are forced to one side up against the downwards main, depending on whether the first cross is strung over, or under, the first main is always going to be less due to that first woven cross orientation assuming the direction of shot is topspin.

One side of the frame will be better for slice, and the other side for top spin.:

More spin is always going to be available in the less friction direction, whether top or slice, because slice forces the mains up, and top forces the strings down, which allows the mains to slide/snap back more easily: than the higher friction direction, which you can easily test yourself, by moving the crosses up and down against the mains sideways, and then flipping the frame, and then move them in the same way, and note which side has less friction: it will be the upwards side each time you flip the frame. Above the tie wraps, in other words, which shows/proves that side has more friction, forcing the tie wraps downwards.

Btw, these tie wraps increase rpm rotation and racquet mass quite a bit, due to the biting protruding edges outward from the crosses, and grab the ball the same way the mains do as they snap back, but the spin is more pronounced on one side and one direction only. In other words, one side is better for slice, one side is better for top spin. They also increase weight by about 20g. Not legal in match play, but no one else has ever mentioned this effect.

I've also tried strips of aluminum cut from beer cans, in the same way, to produce huge spin rpms, and also pieces of zip cord wire, and also, pieces of plastic straws, and also, crimps used in electrical wiring jobs. I've also wrapped thin gauge fishing line, around the crosses, in a vertical direction, so the ribbed edge, then grabs the ball extremely.

Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 05-10-2014, 10:31 PM.

This is hardcore stuff!

Glad you can experiment with this. I'll try the tie wraps just for my own curiosity.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Is this legal? Reminds me of the spaghetti strings...

later: Oops... now I think I get it: you just want to prove a point... OK, sorry
      Last edited by gzhpcu; 05-09-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Edged tie wraps would work even better, as does the plastic straws, positioned vertically, short pieces that bite, then bend over, and the ball is grabbed extremely by this biting/bending action. Spin a lings: I copy right this name and the method and have published this method online a couple years ago.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8777 users online. 6 members and 8771 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X