X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolutionary Tennis

What do you all think of this site?

Interesting site

I used to use it all the time and read through every article dozens of times. Mark Pappas had some very interesting ideas. Unfortunately, he passed away about a year ago. But the site remains interesting. He had very strong opinions which is a good thing for those who want to try something out. Most of what he posted there helped me in one way or another.

Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by hernandezarturo View Post
      I used to use it all the time and read through every article dozens of times. Mark Pappas had some very interesting ideas. Unfortunately, he passed away about a year ago. But the site remains interesting. He had very strong opinions which is a good thing for those who want to try something out. Most of what he posted there helped me in one way or another.

Arturo
      I had no idea Mark had passed away. What a shame. I emailed him a few times some years ago. He was very helpful and gave detailed and thoughtful replies. I was very impressed with him as an individual.
      Stotty

Comment

Sorry to hear that he passed away... I liked his site, interesting ideas...

Comment

Sad to find Mark has died. He posted on the TW forum regularly.

Comment

sf,

what name did he post under, do you remember?

Comment

I sure thought he posted regularly to TT. Only account I could find for him is markp: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=7660

Comment

Yep that's him. He was an intense and confrontational guy. Came to one of my speciality courses once and basically tried to take it over, argued about everything, was insulting. Still he was passionate about tennis. Hope his site will go on.
                Last edited by johnyandell; 06-05-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Mark P

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                  Yep that's him. He was an intense and confrontational guy. Came to one of my speciality courses once and basically tried to take it over, argued about everything, was insulting. Still he was passionate about tennis. Hope his site will go on.
                  I exchanged emails with him way back. I was interested in some of his white papers and quizzed him on them. He got back to me in detail. I liked that. He certainly loved a counter-argument if he thought he was right...a revolutionary he certainly was.

It's always sad to lose someone who is passionate about the game and has alternative ideas. We need people with alternative ideas in order to set our own compass more straight. I made him more wrong than right, but interestingly wrong nonetheless.
                  Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3700 users online. 12 members and 3688 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X