Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Junior Tennis Champions Center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Junior Tennis Champions Center?

Let's get your thoughts on Nate Chura's article, "What is the Junior Tennis Champions Center?"

No doubt this place has created a culture of excellence and is an incubator for junior champions. I first learned about this center back in 2008 when I noticed more and more kids that were entering in national level tournaments had their hometown listed as College Park, Maryland. Before that, College Park is not what I would describe as a tennis hotbed. However, what separated these kids from the rest of their contemporaries was that they were not boisterous or full of attitude. They always competed well and always seemed interested in learning and "the next step".

There will be bigger and better kids coming out of this facilty. They are doing things right and giving the power to the coaches to instruct, lead and develop players. It is not a country club atmosphere where the kids are simply there as another form of babysitting. These kids like to learn and are led by a team of strong, passionate teachers that understand their role in the big picture and understand how important the development of future champions will be to the success of tennis in this country.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4821 users online. 8 members and 4813 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X