Online tennis academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online tennis academy

My question is, do any of you here deal with foreign clients, people far away and offer coaching services over the internet online? What are the plus' and minus' of this program. Obviously not many coaches want to come to Ukraine these days for good reason (war). So, what do you all thing, what price range should I offer coaches etc.

Thoughtful feedback appreciated.
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 06-21-2014, 05:53 AM.

Some possibilities

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
    My question is, do any of you here deal with foreign clients, people far away and offer coaching services over the internet online? What are the plus' and minus' of this program. Obviously not many coaches want to come to Ukraine these days for good reason (war). So, what do you all thing, what price range should I offer coaches etc.

Thoughtful feedback appreciated.
    You seem to already have more than enough coaching going on for your daughter. You need a guiding force, a knowledgeable guiding force. I think that is you, but as you say, your tennis experience is limited. Maybe it's a good thing.

Anyway, there are a couple of people who contribute to this forum or at least used to who do exactly what you are speculating about. Jeff Counts has a site called hi-techtennis.com and offers the service (although I couldn't find the price for individual consulting). Tom Allsopp at tpatennis.net is offering that specific service.

You are already getting considerable input from good sources here in the Forum, but if you want to work out an arrangement with some of the regular contributors here to make a concerted effort to analyze video and give you some input, I'm sure a couple of them would be glad to do it at a very reasonable price.

I went to CT two summers ago for just a couple of months and I worked with 4 boys in a family there and have kept up with them and tried to have some input into their tennis progress since then. They send me videos of matches and clips of their strokes. I have the extra benefit of coordinating with one of the coaches they work with regularly there. But we do a lot of communicating on Oovoo. I'm sure this works overseas as well although I don't know the details of Internet in Ukraine. I imagine there is a reasonable way. I download videos to my students using something called Hightail (used to be yousendit.com). Works great for sending large files back and forth and you really need the original video files, hopefully with high speed, to be able to get the frame-by-frame analysis. The boys in CT have made nice progress over the last 2 years, but they are getting no where near the kind of intense approach your daughter is getting.

I took a 9 year old from 19 to 1 in 16 months in the 10s here in SoCal and an 11 y.o. from 33 to 2 in one year and I have some experience with working with those kids. With the 9 y.o., who was getting a lot of coaching at the same time from a good coach at the USTA program, but was making most of her progress in the 3 75 minute sessions a week she had with me, I almost always felt like I was lucky to get 15 minutes of good work out of the 75. The rest of the time I was playing along with her trying to keep her focused. Doesn't sound like you have that problem. I hope that holds up. But the big thing at that age is to lay good foundations. (Interestingly, the two girls I mentioned drew each other in the 18s Sectionals first round here this week, tomorrow at 10! and they are two of the best juniors in the country for their ages.

You can also find larger programs that sell memberships to their canned programs like FuzzyYellowBalls (is it FYB.com) and former pro Jeff Salzenstein has an active on line program he is promoting. He has been a contributor here on tennisplayer. There is also a guy named Florian Meier from Germany with a program called onlinetennisinstruction.com.

Check those sources out for rates and you should have a good idea of what you can do. And if you are interested in me, I have time and I need more work. Just private message me and I'll send you more info on me, etc.

Wishing you the best of luck in your quest,

don
    Last edited by tennis_chiro; 06-23-2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

JY does this too!

You should remember that John Yandell does this too. He would probably use your daughter for a "your strokes" item if you got him the videos. But he certainly does video analysis for individual clients for a fee. He doesn't really have 80,000 paying subscribers to this site! His time may be limited,but you can't do much better than that.

don

Comment

Thanks!

Great feedback. I will be in touch.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9926 users online. 3 members and 9923 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X