Ball tossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball tossing

Are their links that cover ball tossing for the serve?
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 06-22-2014, 05:57 AM.

One question ... for how long should one practice this ... I'd say minimum one hour a day ... maybe 1000 balls (?) ... just the toss ... and does anyone have drill sets ...

Comment

I am interested in specifically how to place the ball in hand, thumb position, index finger usage, release, pressure points on the ball ETC. I don't see anything very specific in this area here.

Comment

As mentioned elsewhere, this is helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8kynEzufNE

Simplify, simplify... in this case, eliminate the joints which only complicate the motion...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
          As mentioned elsewhere, this is helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8kynEzufNE

Simplify, simplify... in this case, eliminate the joints which only complicate the motion...
          Yes, perfect. This is EXACTLY what we are looking for right now. I also found a couple things on this site here. So, do you buy into the whole video he posted, or is their anything else to add. It would be nice if Don_Budge could add something into this, as I am actually VERY interested in the proper grip on the ball, and pressure points used by each specific finger.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
            Yes, perfect. This is EXACTLY what we are looking for right now. I also found a couple things on this site here. So, do you buy into the whole video he posted, or is their anything else to add. It would be nice if Don_Budge could add something into this, as I am actually VERY interested in the proper grip on the ball, and pressure points used by each specific finger.
            I use the method, but even more extreme, as recommended by Vic Braden: palm of the hand facing downwards. Grip is loose to keep the arm loose. On the release, just open the fingers. The toss is a lot simpler with this method, try it out...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9244 users online. 6 members and 9238 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X