Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx!

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
    jimlosaltos, did you see this discussion?

http://www.tennisplayer.net/bulletin...eractive+forum
    I had not. Thank you. That's great.

Comment

Doh!

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      The third one is probably after the rotation. Look at much lower his arm is.
      Doh! As Home Simpson would say.

You're right, John. Thx. Per Occam's razor I should have looked for a simpler solution -- the image that confused me is of one of Isner's second serves. I kept looking at video, which is invariably of his first serve, and couldn't figure out how he got to that position with that rotation.

On the second serve, I'd guesstimate Isner typically tosses the ball on the same line but about 8-12 inches less far into the court (still about 3 feet in), so he has to swing up more sharply and comes down more sharply. I would guess that is why that follow through is so much different from the other images I had, such as this one {also from TPN's Tour Portrait}:

John Isner Serve Hop Final BNP12 ©jfawcette 2400 by james.fawcette, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge

After seeing the still shots of John Isner's serve I got curious and went to the stroke archive to see the motion and guess what...there wasn't any. Oh well...maybe some other time.
        Look here at the interactive forum:

http://www.tennisplayer.net/bulletin...eractive+forum

Comment

Anytime, Johnny...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7946 users online. 3 members and 7943 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X