No announcement yet.

Old Riggs vs Budge match 1942

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Riggs bet on himself to beat King? HOw much money did he lose if so? I'd wager, he did, and lost big. Stupid of him at 54 yrs. old, to give her the doubles alleys, and only one serve for himself. Awful mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
      Here's Bobby...he agrees with Louis CK...the best part of marriage is divorce.

What a character!!!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
        I wonder if Riggs bet on himself to beat King? HOw much money did he lose if so? I'd wager, he did, and lost big. Stupid of him at 54 yrs. old, to give her the doubles alleys, and only one serve for himself. Awful mismatch.
        He spotted her 25 years, but they played regular rules. The rule changes came in the Connors Navratilova match 17 or 18 years later. But he also spotted her months and months of detraining and little real practice and poor nutrition and lots of partying.

don

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
          Don't think Riggs was stupid... Remember he was favored to win, betting on King you could double your money...

Look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbF32PXaeMI

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8048 users online. 5 members and 8043 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X