Mcenroe arrested in drug bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcenroe arrested in drug bust

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

The sins of our fathers often come home to roost in our sons.

Really sorry to see this.

Comment

I agree, very sad!

Comment

No one sorrier than the son, who now will pay for the mother/father's influence. Imagine Mac's sorrow, to know his son will now be tainted forever. Beyond sad, it's mad.
        Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-17-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Some souls...and karma

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
          The sins of our fathers often come home to roost in our sons.
          Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
          No one sorrier than the son, who now will pay for the mother/father's influence. Imagine Mac's sorrow, to know his son will now be tainted forever. Beyond sad, it's mad.
          Feigned sympathy. I read your original comment that you posted as your second post before you edited it to hide your true malignant feelings. You know what is sad and odd at the same time...gloating over someone's misfortune. You really jumped on this one. As if you couldn't wait to share John McEnroe's misfortune with the forum. Your hatred of John McEnroe and Bill Tilden is a strange subject. One that I enjoy more and more the more often you reveal yourself.

This is life...the kid made a mistake. He will pay the price although he is a fortunate son. He will not be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Hopefully he will learn from his mistake. Afterall isn't that the object of the game...life is the only game where the object of the game is to learn the rules.

You know...life isn't perfect. But you learn. You learn how to bounce back from your mistakes. From your misfortunes. Then you die. Much as McEnroe was not perfect...but he learned from the experience. He evolved. Of course the parent will suffer for the mistakes of his son. More accurate to say this than "The sins of our fathers often come home to roost in our sons". Total nonsense.

On a more positive side...John McEnroe is still putting his best foot forwards. His only inexcusable sin now is he is getting old. This is a sin that all of us eventually share. All human beings that is...no one here gets out alive.

He still plays a pretty fair game of tennis. Not like he used to of course...but that is no sin. It is only nature taking it's course. Holier than thou? Karma is a tough act sometimes...you cannot escape it. Another's sorrow makes you gloat??? Good luck with that in the future.

Just look at this marvel of a man...still putting us on after all of these years. He still has an audience that adores him. He has his critics...mostly made up of holier than thou types. Various forms of saints that bask in the humiliation of others.

The whole time he was putting us on...unfortunately some of us do not know how to take a joke. Just look at the handshake at the end of this match. Can you see the enormous amount of respect that Michael Stich has for John McEnroe. We take ourselves so damn seriously...don't we?

Last edited by don_budge; 07-17-2014, 10:40 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

The Son of the Father...and "The Rites of Passage"

It's tough to follow in the footsteps of the father...even I know this. You could even ask Jesus. My father was a tough act to follow. What a beautiful man. But this is what you call "The Rites of Passage". It's one of them.

I don't know McEnroe's son therefore I am not emotionally involved with him or his situation and I refuse to pretend to be. But I do wish him the best of luck in the future.

It isn't easy being John McEnroe's kid. It isn't easy being anybody's kid these days.

Here is a wonderful tale...a documentary of John McEnroe's tennis life. Narrated by Bud Collins.

Judge not...lest thou shall be judged. -don_budge (tennisplayer.net, thread "mcenroe arrested in drug bust", post #6)*

*Biblical parody (book, chapter, verse)...hahaha. Holier than thou...my you know what.
            Last edited by don_budge; 07-17-2014, 11:27 PM. Reason: for rosa's sake...
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Yeah, yeah, just look the other way....

http://doyouremember.com/john-mcenroe-tennis-tirades/

Accept it all. Great tennis player, lousy character.

Wish his son well.

Comment

There comes a time when a man has to be responsible for himself. I think at 27 years old a man has long crossed that point. It has little to do with the father anymore.

The same thing happened to Pele's son recently who has been sentenced to 33 years in Brazil for trafficking. Most wouldn't question Pele's morality so if it happened to his son it can happen to anyone.

It's a good point to say John McEnroe has evolved. I have often said the same thing myself. Borg is the same man he was at 20 while McEnroe went on to become someone entirely different. I admire both men but Mac is comfortably the more interesting of the two.

I think it was Doug who summed McEnroe up best when he said out of a whole career he probably blew up around ten times...not that much compared to many of us playing in clubs. It's just the tabloids focused on his outbursts.

I like McEnroe. I like him more and more as he gets older. I think he knows more about tennis than just about anyone. Plus, he's highly intelligent which is a quality I find irresistible.
                Stotty

Comment

Mac often doesn't even know what string or tension or equipment a player is using and gets it wrong, as if he does know. If anyone is "holier than thou", it's him btw budgie. Mac was nowhere near Tilden for sin. Athletes should not get a free pass as they so often do receive, just due to their popularity for athletic ability that is admired by so many, the masses look away from the sins on their backs, some of which, would kill them if they turned around too fast.

Comment

Great Job Here Geoff

So much trolling and spin on Geoff's comments.

GW tells it like he see's it and he's credible.

He's also a world class tennis coach.

Kudo's to Yandell for recognizing it.

John to his credit does an excellent job of identifying sleepers in the tennis coaching community (like Geoff), and mixing them in with the big name icons.

I like the fact JY's head isn't stuck up his ass. He thinks outside of the box, and he's respectful.

Geoff's work is fantastic for the worlds worst tennis coaches like me, and I think we should give him credit for his excellent groundbreaking work.

By the way, great article here by John Yandell and Geoff Williams.

Here's some other articles that caught my eye:

Keep up the great work Geoff.

Comment

Too bad for McEnroe's son. He was picked up by his uncle Mark McEnroe who happens to be an attorney and a pretty respectable player in his own right. Mac's kid should get the help he needs and comes out of this incident with a fresher perspective and new path in life. The funny thing about experience is you get it just after you needed it. Let's just hope he learns from this and stays out of trouble.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton

Comment

Must be miserable for him and his dad. Sorry for that, and I do feel that pain as well.... My consolation to that family, but no one feels it like the son does at this point. I feel your pain, Mini Mac.
                        Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-18-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Their are things my father never told me in his old age he should have, and that past will stick with me until the day I die. Nothing is worse than having a parent who never dealt with their demons, or said one word, sorry.

I can understand min-Macs pain as well.

Anyways, this is a chance for the father - son to man up, and put the past behind them.

If I was the father I'd go to the jail right now, tell the kid I love him, ask the kid what I did to cause this, judge myself, enter therapy, put it all out on the table and say to the child this is for the best and I am happy he isn't dead, on some street corner, using bad needles, contracting dangerous diseases because he's my flesh and blood and I love him.

For those of us who have children it's very difficult to tell them you are not perfect, you've made mistakes and it's okay for them to tell you what you don't want to hear as a parent.

I'd hope Mini-Mac can forgive, forget and heal, and I hope his father takes the appropriate steps needed to help his son get back on the right track. It's never to late to be a dad, and well, our kids will always be kids to us, and it's a lifetime commitment, and they will always need us deep down.

BTW -- this is a very good ad for all of us men here with children. Listen to the words.

Here is the full song by the way written by John Parr:

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8428 users online. 5 members and 8423 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                          X