Tennis Gadgets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis Gadgets....

Being into technology, I also like high tech gadgets.

Have discovered and am using the following:

1) "Loose finger grip sleeve". It beeps when you hold the racket too tightly...

Am using it to keep a loose grip when serving...

2) Zepp sensor

It has two modes: 3D Serve mode, which shows the serve trajectory in 3D (you can rotate the figure, even see it from the top) and gives stats on amount of spin, racket head speed, etc. Tracking mode gives statistics on all strokes with a breakdown on type of spin, power. Have been testing it for 6 months and been corresponding with Zepp Labs. It was initially very buggy, but is getting a lot better now. The sensor is mounted on the butt of the handle (does not bother me too much) has a motion gyroscope and accelerometer, providing information to an iPhone app via bluetooth.

Neat stuff...
    Last edited by gzhpcu; 07-18-2014, 09:38 AM.

A few I can share that everyone knows about ...

It shocks me tennis players are not using this in their breaks in matches. It's unbelievable!

Core Control

It's called Core Control. It's awesome. The price is laughable at $1800.00, so we got a local man here in Ukraine to do the same thing with some much better specs to it. We use it as part of our developmental open and closing phases so what we do gets retained neurologically. We'll see in about six to seven years if it worked our not.

Powerplate

This is called a vibration platform. Again, we did not like the prices of Power Pro, or the fact they were so small. Also, to ship to Ukraine would be problematic, and it might get lost if you know what I mean. Also, I did not like the specs, the surface (so hard) and a few other things, so we built on that is 15 feet x 15 feet, so it's workable for opening and closing drill sets. The boxers, judo and weightlifters love it. For us it's teaching proper mechanics, and isolating certain weak point areas we need to address.

iRestMassager

This one I had to buy and import and it cost about $700.00, however, I love it! The IREST Massager Mini is a muscle stimulation system unit, and again, its great!

We're using close to a dozen other things as well as part of our program, however, most of it's been developed just for our own specific use and it's not on the market.

The ones I mentioned are pretty commonplace right now and every tennis coach who has a player in the top 10 who is worth his salt knows this stuff.

Augmented Reality

Their's a big rush to get up to speed right now in terms of Augmented Reality, however, I think that's two years away. We do our own stuff their to study head stabilization - angles and such as that pretty important in tennis. The initial data we are getting looks promising, and it'll be neat. Things like Recon Jet etc will change the face of the game.

Brian Gordon

However, you must really know how to interpret the information that is being given to you I guess and be a student of the game to get it. We're doing something simular here, except we don't really care about the racket, and are more focused on the lower chain as that is where our issues lie long term.

Of course, a great gadget is this site (John Yandell). Lots of interesting 1% ideas we haven't thought about here!
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 07-18-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Some other cool iPhone apps:

1) Ubersense

http://www.ubersense.com/

2 ) StrokeAnalyze

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stro...601118191?mt=8

3) RacquetTune

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/racq...365729342?mt=8

Accurate measurement of string tension, it works...

4) ServeSpeed

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/serv...581908085?mt=8

I use all of them.

Comment

How data from matches at Wimbledon can help players plan the best way to beat their opponents.
        Stotty

Comment

Aggression index: I'd say, how near the lines, how much pace, how much rpms, how far contact is made inside the court, height of shot upon opponent contact, how many shots at the net success rate, passing shot success rate, lob success rate, over head success rate, how many unreturnable serves hit, how many forcing returns hit, and create an aggression index based on the shot spot analytic. How much you want to bet, the top players are all related to that index one for one?

Show me an app that can rate the recreational players' agg index. It would take an AI watching/recording all that every shot. Not going to happen.
          Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-22-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Babolat Play

I have been using the Babolat Play and love it. The racket plays exactly like the regular pure drive, syncs via Bluetooth, and give you useful information with just a few pushes of a button. For instance, on my 1st serve I found out that I was making contact with the ball to low on the racket. With that information I came to tennisplayer.net looked at Federer's serve and then worked on making contact with the ball like Federer. My 1st serve stats went way up and my service games became easier holds.

I did something like stated above for my backhand with good results.

I would strongly recommend The Play for anyone.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8041 users online. 4 members and 8037 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X