Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raonic

Comment

The result of that final was pretty predictable. Raonic using experience and Pospisil being a bit nervous.

Looks to me that slowly but surely, Raonic's coach Ivan Ljubicic is getting Milos to attempt the serve and volley a tad bit more. His technique could improve but with more reps, the improvement will come. Not saying he's making the switch entirely, but certainly has shown an open mind to the possibility of taking advantage of that serve. Never a bad thing.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
        The result of that final was pretty predictable. Raonic using experience and Pospisil being a bit nervous.

Looks to me that slowly but surely, Raonic's coach Ivan Ljubicic is getting Milos to attempt the serve and volley a tad bit more. His technique could improve but with more reps, the improvement will come. Not saying he's making the switch entirely, but certainly has shown an open mind to the possibility of taking advantage of that serve. Never a bad thing.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton
        I think I've also read that they are training him physically to be an absolute beast. I remember when Ljubicic first showed up at Key Biscayne and he looked good, but from one year to the next he must have put on almost 20 lbs of muscle and then he became a major factor. When I saw Raonic a year or more ago, I thought his movement was much too languid to ever effectively challenge for a spot in the top 5, but that has changed dramatically. Very unusual for someone already in his 20's. His move forward to finish points looks very different from a year ago. They really have him going after the process goals and the outcome goals are falling right in line.

He has a tough task defending 600 pts this week, but he picked up 455 last week and is only 35 pts behind #5 Berdych who is only defending 90 pts in Canada's Masters1000. Next week the tables are turned a little as Berdych defends 360 while it's just 90 for Raonic. Both are defending 180 at the US Open. Being ranked 5th or 6th doesn't mean that much, ... unless Nadal is really hurt and can't defend his title at the US Open (he's defending 4000 pts between now and the end of the US Open and he's already relinquished 2000 in Canada and Cincy.)

don

Comment

Raonic will take the #4 spot if Nadal bows out. He needs to string at a higher tension.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8077 users online. 5 members and 8072 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X