Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you see benefit of this?

What do you all think of this?

I'd advise the board of directors of my tennis club to fire the person who purchased this boondoggle, the implicit purpose of which is to make tennis players more left brain, like mean-spirited lawyers or investment brokers who care about nothing in life other than numbers. This looks like a poopie program to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post
      I'd advise the board of directors of my tennis club to fire the person who purchased this boondoggle, the implicit purpose of which is to make tennis players more left brain, like mean-spirited lawyers or investment brokers who care about nothing in life other than numbers. This looks like a poopie program to me.
      Holy funk, I tried to order this, and it is like trying to buy a helicopter.

"My name is Assaf Arbel, and I am the VP sales of PlaySight. I am currently on a intensive business trip, which also includes installation of 5 courts in Germany. Hence, I will come back to you with a proposal early next week. One question, do you refer to a indoor or outdoor court?"

You may be right, you may be right.

Comment

Just got another email. Guys, this pricing is very interesting. I wonder how a tennis facility would get a return on investment using this product.

The price you asked for is consists of the following: Full Indoor court and 4 side cameras. Total of 10 cameras. Kiosk and cables. It is also includes, installation, shipping, training assimilation, maintenance & support and software upgrade. But excluding local taxes, VAT and technician visits in addition to the requirements. All this is for 3 year contract with advanced payment. 50%upon signing and 50%after installation. The amount is US$60k for 3 years. If the deal will be signed before September ends, we will grant you with 5 % off. Please let us know where to ship the system, and time convenient for you that our professional services will come to install in November. If you give me a green light I will send you the contract for your review.

Comment

There is a club near where I live which has installed PlaySight. I can try to get a report on it from kids who are at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
            Just got another email. Guys, this pricing is very interesting. I wonder how a tennis facility would get a return on investment using this product.

The price you asked for is consists of the following: Full Indoor court and 4 side cameras. Total of 10 cameras. Kiosk and cables. It is also includes, installation, shipping, training assimilation, maintenance & support and software upgrade. But excluding local taxes, VAT and technician visits in addition to the requirements. All this is for 3 year contract with advanced payment. 50%upon signing and 50%after installation. The amount is US$60k for 3 years. If the deal will be signed before September ends, we will grant you with 5 % off. Please let us know where to ship the system, and time convenient for you that our professional services will come to install in November. If you give me a green light I will send you the contract for your review.
            So, ... if you can rent the use of the PlaySight court out for a premium that includes the cost of Playsight for 25 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, your marginal increase in cost is going to be at least $16/hour, not including all the extra charges you didn't include. So you charge at least a $25/hour premium for the court. You might get that 25 hours a week the first 2 months, but I don't think people would keep it up.

On the other hand, if you build it into the cost of an elite junior development program that runs at least 25 hours a week, then the 4 kids that are rotated through that court for that hour are only paying $6/hour extra. If they get rotated to that court twice a week, they will pay an extra $12/week on a tuition that can easily be a couple of hundred dollars a week in the northeast for indoor junior development programs. And the club has the equipment to use another 100 hours a week.

don

Comment

Look, ma, no wires! Of course there is no measurement of the different contributors to racket head speed either. And no Brian Gordon to analyze the results.

But there are cameras! We love cameras. And instant numbers. Hooray! We all can be commentatoes instead of tennis players.

Next to the fifth camera I propose an Anatabloc stand.

The club could give its $60,000 to me (consultant's fee).

Or not spend that money at all. Rather, have the kids hit the ball back five times before playing out the point.

Comment

It's a cool system. But many clubs that do have the financial means to purchase it would rather spend that money to improve other facets of their program.

I spoke to the reps in NYC at the Tennis Teacher's Conference prior to the US Open. Their booth certainly garnered lots of attention but didn't see any tennis professionals bite on the deal or make an order.

The video shows Gordon Uehling of Courtsense Tennis Academy in New Jersey using the system. Gordon is also a billionaire, lives on an estate in Alpine, New Jersey and always leads the way with using technological tools at his club. Money is no issue for him. Djokovic and team stays at his house during the US Open.

When first installed, it will get lots of attention from club members and juniors. The novelty of it will make it fun and the curious players will get a kick out of all the information. Until they realize that they are spending more time in front of a screen and less time hitting the ball. They will yearn for a simpler time when they could play for two straight hours for fun, not for statistical analysis on the angle and depth of their jock strap.

Don't get me wrong, I think this system has a place in a very specific niche of the market. High level academies that have the volume to justify the cost. Would it be cool to have this at my club, sure! But is it practical for my market and student demographic? Not really. But a system like this won't be common place until it has competition. Which will make products better and more competitively priced.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

Could be a cool system. But what a horrible sales pitch.

Comment

Agree Bottle

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton

Comment

The American Way...

Originally posted by bottle View Post
                      Could be a cool system. But what a horrible sales pitch.
                      It's the American way...everybody is trying to separate you from your money. Total nonsense. If you buy one of these it is God's way of telling you that you have too much money. Robin Williams said that about cocaine.

"There are three types of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics." --Mark Twain.

don_budge
                      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                        It's the American way...everybody is trying to separate you from your money. Total nonsense. If you buy one of these it is God's way of telling you that you have too much money. Robin Williams said that about cocaine.

"There are three types of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics." --Mark Twain.

Today's email:

Where and when do you want us to install PlaySight system.

Best regards,
                        Assaf

Comment

Watched the video. . .drop the monkey in the ill fitting suit.
                          Assuming it works as described, big if, it looks like it would be a wonderful tool for expensive academies or clubs with stupid rich members.

Comment

Motion paralysis through information overload...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8707 users online. 2 members and 8705 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X