A New Teaching System: Serve: Swing Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle and John:

Anyways, Kyle, and John, respect. You guys are providing a lot of value. So many young kids are being scammed by these sites, coaches, associations and camps.

John, just so you know, I subscribed to a few other sites. They are literally almost copying, pasting and stealing work from tennisplayer.net

I come into this sport looking for quality information, and so much of what’s being said isn’t being backed up by any sort of legitimate science whatsoever.

Like WTF is this gravity step? Who invented it? What is the science behind it? Research? Studies? One coach trying to sell it to me, and it is a joke because I know he does not know the first thing about athletic setup and movement. Quiet literally, guys are making shit up as they go along, and customers buy it hook, line and sinker.

John, god, I'd love to give you $50,000,000, 100 employees and resource backing of universities like the major sports have and let you blow all this stupid tennis dogma right out of the water once and for all because its so ridiculous. It would be great if you had an NFL budget. The biggest issue facing the sport right now is NO ONE wants to give tennis people hundreds of millions of dollars for research and development. This sport has so much room for growth. Its almost like the money MONEY BALL x about 50!

John, if you were in hockey, or any other major sport, this site would have BEEN CLOSED DOWN! A team or association would have hired you and that would have been that! It’s flipping insane you are still in business posting what you are posting for $19.99 a month. Never, in a million years would that happen in any sport. It's just crazy some of the "NEXT's" you've figured out here without any sort of funding.

$19.99 - insane. I'd say it is the best value in sports.

Top of the line job. Really enjoy the archives, and we're discussing and dissecting everything you write on this site.

Its giving us a great insight into how everyone plays the game of tennis, and what we have to do to play - win, against that style of a "traditional classic tennis game." I guess the challenge on every coaches end is to get to the new AT4 setup, and blow version 3 out of the water!

I gotta ask seriously, is their stuff you are holding back John for private clients?
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 10-30-2014, 06:42 PM. Reason: The best ingredient is going for the gold, swinging for the fences and hitting it out of the stratosphere BABY!

Comment

Part of the death of serve and volley has been the dominance of the two handed back hand. Many players fight with their mind second and their body first. The automation of deadly ground strokes is the goal of many coaches. Those who win with smarts without power are considered magicians (Radwanska, Santoro) but the most prominent of those was Brad Gilbert, reaching #4 without weapons other than foot speed and a flat forehand used sparingly.

There will be no atp IV fh. This site has an over abundance of pieces on technique, and few about using your mind first. The mind determines how much fear you feel during pressure. How much confidence you experience as well. How much you are willing to change to improve. How much you are willing to sacrifice and work at sequences that will expose weaknesses, your own as well as your opponents.

How much you are willing to hope. Without hope and faith, there is no lasting mind game.

If you are willing to lose 30 times in a row to develop a top serve and volley game, or a one handed back hand, (etc.), and still feel confidence and belief in your program, that is fighting with your mind first and body second.

When the body becomes the ego, losses cannot be tolerated for a long term gain. When the mind retains control over the ego, loss does not feel any different than victory any more.

Very few have the mental cash to cover the painful cost.

The few that do play better under pressure, not worst. They have paid for another gear and are able to write the checks that don't bounce.

So you can study technique and strokes and video and foot work and speed all your life and if you don't master the mind first, it's all a waste. You will lose to lessor players who don't have as much fire power nor talent, but who can make fewer errors.
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 10-30-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Kyle,
        You are one lucky guy having gotten to know Vic Braden, a really nice guy. Guess birds of a feather flock together...

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
          Part of the death of serve and volley has been the dominance of the two handed back hand. Many players fight with their mind second and their body first. The automation of deadly ground strokes is the goal of many coaches. Those who win with smarts without power are considered magicians (Radwanska, Santoro) but the most prominent of those was Brad Gilbert, reaching #4 without weapons other than foot speed and a flat forehand used sparingly.

There will be no atp IV fh. This site has an over abundance of pieces on technique, and few about using your mind first. The mind determines how much fear you feel during pressure. How much confidence you experience as well. How much you are willing to change to improve. How much you are willing to sacrifice and work at sequences that will expose weaknesses, your own as well as your opponents.

How much you are willing to hope. Without hope and faith, there is no lasting mind game.

If you are willing to lose 30 times in a row to develop a top serve and volley game, or a one handed back hand, (etc.), and still feel confidence and belief in your program, that is fighting with your mind first and body second.

When the body becomes the ego, losses cannot be tolerated for a long term gain. When the mind retains control over the ego, loss does not feel any different than victory any more.

Very few have the mental cash to cover the painful cost.

The few that do play better under pressure, not worst. They have paid for another gear and are able to write the checks that don't bounce.

So you can study technique and strokes and video and foot work and speed all your life and if you don't master the mind first, it's all a waste. You will lose to lessor players who don't have as much fire power nor talent, but who can make fewer errors.
          Nice post as usual Geoff. Could not agree with you more on the mental aspect of it. It's a tough road. Its hit home to us the last year with whats happening in my daughters homeland of Ukraine. So many people here have paid a great price for freedom and liberty. Its been a great life learning lesson for my daughter.

Comment

HS,

Again--thank you! There are some people out there doing valuable work, but yes especially with the rise of aggressive internet marketing there is a lot of hype, arrogance and pretense.

I have a non-profit research foundation that has funded some of the early work you see here. $5,000,000 would be enough to create the entire new paradigm since you raise the money question.

And know there is no private information. Everything we develop eventually is presented on Tennisplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
              HS,

Again--thank you! There are some people out there doing valuable work, but yes especially with the rise of aggressive internet marketing there is a lot of hype, arrogance and pretense.

I have a non-profit research foundation that has funded some of the early work you see here. $5,000,000 would be enough to create the entire new paradigm since you raise the money question.

And know there is no private information. Everything we develop eventually is presented on Tennisplayer.
              Yes I know what you mean about the hype, arrogance and pretense, we've chosen to separate ourselves from that chaos, and it's been a great decision on so many levels.

Few questions:

If you had say $20,000,000 funding right here, and right now, what would be at the top of your list for getting sorted out once and for all?

Test subjects:

The big issue in tennis is simple, the big boys (Roger, Venus, Grigor etc) would never in a million years let you attach sensors to them to study them! Every other top athlete in every other sport has been dissected and prodded by scientists (and are willing to do it), however, it's never happened in tennis. It's surely left some gaping holes. It amazes me Doctor Brian Gordon said in his article here on tennis player.net he hasn't thrown a world number one through his system, however, I can see why no player would want to do it in tennis. How would you get past that obstacle?

You know John, their is so much growth potential in this sport, especially in the woman's game.
              Last edited by hockeyscout; 11-01-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

HS,

There is the potential technologically to do complete 3D recreations of pro play meaning correlating the strokes with the speeds, spins, trajectories, court positions, movement distances and speeds, etc. And to create the visuals that depict all those the numbers. That can all be done in live play without the suit that Brian and others use/can devise. And yeah the potential is there for both men and women with more change on the women's side--possibly.

The ATP is becoming more not less restrictive. They control the TV of even the women. The other bottle neck is the agents. No one can access the players without going through the money door. The fragmentation of the sport works against big picture thinking. And yeah enough money would get the attention but the cost would not return on investment.

No one knows the future however.
                Last edited by johnyandell; 11-01-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2592 users online. 9 members and 2583 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X