London, Brian Gordon, Geoff Williams, Gait and More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London, Brian Gordon, Geoff Williams, Gait and More

Interesting article on biomechanics by Gordon. Anyways, I really don't like using proprietary software I can't control. Brian would likely interpret his data different than me, and I doubt he'd explain his formulas as they are proprietary in nature.

Anyways, I got a question, what software are all of you tennis coaches using for biomechanics?

I am planning on making a Christmas visit to a company called InnSport (http://www.innsport.com/software.aspx) to study up on their products, as I think it's ahead of it's time.

These guys are complete nerds, so I can pretty much have cart blanche and go to town enhancing - manipulating their software to do what I want it to do!

I kind of like this stuff!

Anyone here planning on attending the Barclay's World Tour this season in London?

I will be going this year as the young one wants to see pro's live, and see if she can chase them down and get them to rally with her so she "can feel pro tennis."

Don't think she'll have much luck, however, she's a pretty a pretty cute little girl so I think she'll figure out how to harague and manipulate some poor world top eight, coach or commentator into a rally, or a long and involved conversation about tennis. She's as long winded as don_budge - so, she'll corner some poor soul, bring out the IPAD, show her video and pepper them non-stop.

Anyways when in London I am going to get a 3D Gait and Biomechanical analysis of her running as their's a pretty cool place to get it done!

I think I am missing a few things with the biomechanics of the Ankle Complex. I've done a lot of work on the lateral structure of her calfs to improve her stroke mechanics, however, her tight soleus is holding a few things back right now a bit more than I would like, and I can't really get down to the bottom of it.

It's been solved somewhat with a few more proper athletic setups, and her stroke is more solid now because I have solved a few issues with her peak hip collapse - extension, and ensured the right and left sides are firing equally which has ensured, you guessed it, better strokes.

I don't know though, something is a bit off and I think it may related to how the bones are positioned. It might give me some ideas on how to better train her, as these people have said they have formulas and regiments for dealing with what needs to be dealt with here. They seem to understand it, and my bullshit detector wasn't peaked as it usually is when dealing with certain developmental entities.

I am not pleased generally with my young ones pronation in the ankle (everyone can get better, hell, I can't stand Federer's ankles). So much stuff that can't be seen with the eye!

Man, proper work on movement, rhythm, positioning and continuity of momentum sure fast tracks the strokes in any athlete, so I am hoping this trip is a learning experience!

When this is all done with this gait analysis, I am going to visit the nice people at ProFeet, show them the Gait tests, advise them on what we need to get done in terms of the right insoles!

Hope to get some video posted up here as well before we go for Geoff Williams to look over, analyse and recommend what needs to be done on the strings.

By the way Geoff, we all read your posts and like everyone else we are blown away.

I am sure we can find a world class stringer in London, so I will get the young one to track down one of the guys at the Barclay's event to set up something for us, or find someone to do it!

I am really convinced now the right equipment is a real key, especially at a young age like eight when nuerology is just starting to get set!
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 10-09-2014, 02:55 PM.

Equipment is absolutely key.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 10-09-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Cool

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post

Equipment is absolutely key.
      You're a red head like us! Cool.

You're whole post disappeared, however, I agreed with all you posted.

I am investing my money in different areas than most parents, and this is one of them for sure (equipment).

Comment

If you are going to be in a war (every match is), you better bring the right weapons to win and you better make damn sure you are wearing a uniform. Ask a soldier what's more important: the gun or the person aiming it. Bring a pop gun to a knife fight and the knife will win.

The uniform is what you stand for. It's what you strategize with. Either you're Nazi or Allied. You're a grinder. You're an attacker. You're an all court net charging machine. You have fire in the belly and you're calm. A born killer with nerves of steel who can put away a short ball every time. Have her declare that is what she is going to become.

Comment

I will put the video up before we head to London, and you can tell me what tools we need for the trade Geoff.

I am a 6'4" beer drinking red neck from the north pole who likes hunting, fishing, hockey and computer science. I don't know shit about tennis. You know Geoff, they don't like my chewing tobacco in the tennis facilities either. Oh well, at least my young one ACTS like a hockey player when she is at tennis.

So from one big beautiful honkey red head to another good looking red head electrician - tennis stringing guru, I appreciate the help.

Hey, I recently went to Czech, and I gotta say I like it. They show up at 9:00 in the morning, and they got beer in the cooler. It is awesome. Sure glad winter is coming cause I can put my beer in a big snowbank, and ice fish with my buddies. The tennis court is right next to the lake, so it's perfect!
          Last edited by hockeyscout; 10-10-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7990 users online. 5 members and 7985 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X