Show your club....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show your club....

End of the season, TC Lido Lugano, the indoor tennis bubbles will soon be mounted...

Sad moment, another season is over, I prefer playing outdoors...

Anybody else want to show their club?

This is a pretty easy way to do it: http://imgbox.com/

Uhh no, can't compete. Simply gorgeous.

Comment

You guys would cry if you saw the courts we've played on in Mother Russia, and the Ukraine. Dilapidated. Our court had photos and banners hung up with a HUGE photo praising Nikita Khrushchev for building the court in 1957.

I swear to god, no one used the thing EVER and it was locked right next door to a junk yard, where pit bulls we're guarding scrap metals, boats and cars from world war II era.

It was perfect, dirt, dilapidated, cold, right by the sea where the wind would knock you down if you weren't strong and balanced.

It had a hitting wall that was the fastest thing on earth, it was like a tile or something and the ball came back with such speed it was like a rocket.

Now we train out a facility that used to be ran by mobsters who fled the country when our latest revolution happened. Its like a ghost-town, just us, empty buildings, rust, 11 tennis courts and no one else. Indoor court is cold, as well, it's a ghost town facility we play in now. Its so quiet. It was funny, when we went to Czech one of the pro's said, "Oh, I played at your facility. Its twenty minute drive from a village right!" Yep, this 16 million dollar facility, two hours from Kiev in the middle of nowhere that was built for some guys ego! That's it."

The guy just laughed and said he hasn't seen a nicer club anywhere.

Now its all ours, and its cold as hell, as no one wants to pay to heat the "indoor courts" LOL. Oh well, that's life.
      Last edited by hockeyscout; 10-23-2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

My Club

Phil,

you have a Beautiful club in Lugano.

You have the mountains but I have the South Florida gated communities, desperate housewives and pristine beaches. My facility has 12 courts. 10 Har-tru (green clay) 1 red clay and 1 deco-turf hard court. A full service pro shop and a clubhouse. There are nearly 500 luxury homes on 282 acres within the Oaks at Boca Raton.

http://kylelacroix.usptapro.com/defa.../ProHome06.htm

More pics to follow.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more pics...
          Sorry, I can't seem to upload them onto actual post. Apologies for attachments.

Kyle
          Attached Files

Comment

And last but not least...

Two pics are of Jarkko Nieminen. Former ATP #13. He was in town for the Delray Beach ATP tour event and we happen to share a mutual Finnish friend that introduced us. It was a fun experience but needless to say, despite being in his 30's, he still has plenty of game. Unfortunately for me, I had to play against it. Entertaining points though I must say. Very nice guy though and always try to root for him on tour. The Fighting Finn

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's my club. I recently had a professional filmmaker do a video of our junior morning at the club. Video speaks better than photos for me, which is why I had the video made. You get a feel for the place.

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD with no ads.
              Last edited by stotty; 10-23-2014, 02:40 PM.
              Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                Here's my club. I recently had a professional filmmaker do a video of our junior morning at the club. Video speaks better than photos for me, which is why I had the video made. You get a feel for the place.

https://vimeo.com/109863592
                I love it Stotty! Great video. Thanks for sharing. The energy and excitement of a club when busy is glorious. The interest and enthusiasm on the kids' faces when playing tennis really makes it special. You realize just how great the game is.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

pt57 a 1.

These are my ex clubs.

Comment

https://vimeo.com/109863592
                    I watched the kids at your club hit. Very interesting.

Comment

Kyle,
                      You must have one of the most beautiful tennis clubs I have ever seen, and just love the surrounding palm trees. Lucky guy...
                      By the way, I live halfway up on the hill behind the skyscraper on the first photo and can see my club from the balcony.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                        Kyle,
                        You must have one of the most beautiful tennis clubs I have ever seen, and just love the surrounding palm trees. Lucky guy...
                        By the way, I live halfway up on the hill behind the skyscraper on the first photo and can see my club from the balcony.
                        Kyle's club is stunning. What a lovely place to work and play tennis at. I wonder what the costs are to join a club like that?

You club is no ugly ducking either, Phil. Very pretty. What a nice idea to exchange photos and clips of our clubs.

I fly to Maine today. In 9 hours I will on other side of the pond.
                        Last edited by stotty; 10-24-2014, 03:17 AM.
                        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                          Kyle,
                          Kyle's club is stunning. What a lovely place to work and play tennis at. I wonder what the costs are to join a club like that?

You club is no ugly ducking either, Phil. Very pretty. What a nice idea to exchange photos and clips of our clubs.

I fly to Maine today. In 9 hours I will on other side of the pond.
                          Phil,

I appreciate the kind words. I actually am celebrating my 10 year anniversary at the club this month. I was hired in October 2004 before the club was even built. I was there before the courts were and before the clubhouse was complete. It's been an amazing experience to see the club's growth in business, membership and the physical transformation> There once was a day when I was taller than those palm trees.

Stotty,

Thank you. As for the cost of membership, we don't sell or offer "memberships" to the outside. When you purchase of home within the community you have access to the facility. Homes start at $900k. We do allow outsiders to come in and participate in lessons and clinics to create revenue but no social play allowed for them.

The best part about my club is that unlike many gated country clubs in South Florida, we do not have golf. Tennis is the star of the show, not the forgotten loss leader than permeates many clubs. Everyone in the community plays tennis and it is the #1 social activity. That's what makes it even more special.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                          Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                            Phil,

I appreciate the kind words. I actually am celebrating my 10 year anniversary at the club this month. I was hired in October 2004 before the club was even built. I was there before the courts were and before the clubhouse was complete. It's been an amazing experience to see the club's growth in business, membership and the physical transformation> There once was a day when I was taller than those palm trees.

Stotty,

Thank you. As for the cost of membership, we don't sell or offer "memberships" to the outside. When you purchase of home within the community you have access to the facility. Homes start at $900k. We do allow outsiders to come in and participate in lessons and clinics to create revenue but no social play allowed for them.

The best part about my club is that unlike many gated country clubs in South Florida, we do not have golf. Tennis is the star of the show, not the forgotten loss leader than permeates many clubs. Everyone in the community plays tennis and it is the #1 social activity. That's what makes it even more special.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                            Boca Raton
                            Good for you Kyle, that is a beautiful club...However, it doesn't surprise me, as you seem like a passionate, informed, and classy young man..We need more of your kind in the industry.
                            Last edited by 10splayer; 10-24-2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Here is an aerial view of my club...

http://www.luganohotel.com/d-sport-ten.html

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 11121 users online. 18 members and 11103 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X