No announcement yet.

klacr Strokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the problem? I did it and I am no spring chicken. It is just to get to know each other. We aren't Federer, et al. We all enjoy tennis. Why should anyone jump on anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
      More than happy to do this. In fact, I have here and there in the past. The thing is I am not sure anyone would be interested or that there would be any point. Who wants to see and man in his 50s with an old fashioned game like me? I am in demise. Better I recruit the expertise on the forum to analyse my younger students who are going places. I will post one such any day now.

Kyle knew the deal before posting his strokes. He seems to have taken everything in his stride...rather admirably I think. The bottom line is it's fun, good fun. And we all get to learn something along the way.

Like I said I am happy to post my strokes. I have no shame whatsoever about my game. My game was very orthodox in its time. It's just I cannot see the point in someone my age posting his game...
      To post or not to post. That is the question. Seeing another person's strokes are great. But they need to be comfortable with it. It's a personal choice. I won't judge either way. We all have our reasons. When I posted my strokes, it was to engage the forum regulars into helping me with my strokes and keeping my promise with stotty and Phil. My word is my bond. I was more than happy to share. I value everyone's expertise and in the end, makes me better or at least more aware of what I'm doing right or wrong. Plus, it gives some forum regulars a chance to see me. Put a face with a voice. Speaking only for myself, My forum posts resonate deeper when you have seen me actually hit a ball. For some, not all, it creates a connection that was not available before.

I still want to improve. Are my strokes perfect? No. Are my strokes good? Depends who you ask. Would you like to have a student like me? I'd like to have a coach like you. Overall, I've received much more positive feedback than negative. And any feedback that some may perceive as negative I took as really meaningful constructive criticism. Trust me when I say, I am the most critical of myself. Maybe I just got lucky, maybe I'm better than the average joe, maybe people see my potential. Whatever it is, it's been a great experience. No regrets. I always love hearing the varying degrees of feedback. Again, the purpose of this entire website is to improve your game, and maybe in the process help others improve theirs. We're all here because of a common denominator...we all love tennis.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

• Anyone who can beat 5.0 players while serving and volleying does not need forum feed back. Especially with that cannon you call a serve! Adding an inverted/neck wrap to the shot cost you consistency no doubt. (Trying to get under the shot most of all.) Sometimes, when we make changes, it can strip the shot it's effectiveness, and risk not being able to go back to the original form is a risk worth taking; but only for those with strong egos and stronger shots!

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
          Anyone who can beat 5.0 players while serving and volleying does not need forum feed back. Especially with that cannon you call a serve! Adding an inverted/neck wrap to the shot cost you consistency no doubt. (Trying to get under the shot most of all.) Sometimes, when we make changes, it can strip the shot it's effectiveness, and risk not being able to go back to the original form is a risk worth taking; but only for those with strong egos and stronger shots!
          whats an inverted neck wrap?

Comment

• Inversion is pointing the frame towards the net at high point on beginning of take back. Neck wrap a round finish is a Tsonga like follow through, around the neck and towards the dominant shoulder for a more longer kinetic path on follow through. K. made those changes to his fh.

Comment

Inversion is pointing the frame towards the net at high point on beginning of take back. Neck wrap a round finish is a Tsonga like follow through, around the neck and towards the dominant shoulder for a more longer kinetic path on follow through. K. made those changes to his fh.
              I can hardly find one example of Tsonga going over his shoulder. I'm fact his stock swing shape is quite peculiar.
              Last edited by 10splayer; 12-08-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• This is from an old book on tennis I have, showing the Don Budge forehand. It says "racket head below the wrist"...

Comment

Anyone who can beat 5.0 players while serving and volleying does not need forum feed back. Especially with that cannon you call a serve! Adding an inverted/neck wrap to the shot cost you consistency no doubt. (Trying to get under the shot most of all.) Sometimes, when we make changes, it can strip the shot it's effectiveness, and risk not being able to go back to the original form is a risk worth taking; but only for those with strong egos and stronger shots!
                  Thanks Geoff for kind words. I don't disagree. Perhaps a player my level and physical ability may be too tough a nut to crack or simply no major cracking at all. Not a big enough overall. Just a few tweaks and periodical maintenance which I always welcome and glad I subjected myself to. Always looking to improve.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

• Phil,

Good illustration. Yes, racquet head should get below the wrist. Question is how do I get it there. It's in my head. Physically I know I'm capable.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton

Comment

• Kyle,
                      To get the feeling, i'd like to repeat the trick a pro told me to do: take a baseball bat, keep your wrist loose and have someone feed you a ball. Try it!

Comment

• Good tip Phil.

I can produce a respectable amount of topspin when I have time and on a slow ball. But in a neutral rally I refuse to give up ground and take ball flat and early. I've tried don_budge's advice on my stand and that made a big difference. A few others talked about pushing the tip/face of racquet outwards and that has helped as well but when I get back into rally my ingrained swing path takes over. I know I'm more than capable of making the breakthrough. Just takes time.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                        Boca Raton

Comment

• Shadow swinging can engrain new muscle memories.

Comment

• Pancho Segura and the Two-handed forehand...

This might be an interesting exercise for you klacr. The two-handed forehand. In fact…this is an excellent exercise for you. This will have some interesting insights for you with respect to footwork, alignment and integrating the left side of your body and the right side when hitting a forehand.

Just a little food for thought.
                            don_budge
                            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

• Let's give him a two handed bh volley and over head while he's at that.

Comment

• I'm staying with one-hand on all strokes. Don't worry Geoff. No doubt I see what don_budge is saying with some elements of the shoulder turn and footwork on the two-hander. But yes, looking to maximize the forehand, take it to next level. All other shots get me my fair share of opportunities and points, despite their imperfections. But the forehand is certainly the pink elephant in my game.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                                Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9151 users online. 8 members and 9143 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X