Rogers' last great charge to be #1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers' last great charge to be #1.

Took it to the second to last match where Joker prevailed, breaking Rogers' record by 4 games: only lost 9 games vs. 13 by Fed. at O2. Nadal will come back and put more pressure on him as well. Fed has not adjusted to the Nadal shots to his one hander. Nadal loves slices hit to his side. That's all Fed can do against those heaVY rpm shots. I would have worked at that with him, to give him a high ball back hand he could rock. The O and 1 sheallacking of Murray left a mark. Exposed Murrays' lack of fire power and short shot making. Does anyone belive, or did anyone believe, that it would not come down to Fed vs. Joker in the O2 final? No. Unless Fed revs up his movement engine, Joker will dominate.

The last time we will see him threatening to be @ #1.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 11-14-2014, 10:07 AM.

Joker vs FedEx will be interesting... The machine versus the artist...

Comment

It could be a riviting final. As db eloquently pointed out, that unfortunate overrule against Fed at the beginning of the 3rd set, and how Fed handled it, revealed so much about him, if there was any more to reveal. I don't think recovery will be an issue for Fed. Along with his perfect technique, he has always showed perfect fitness. It is always interesting to me when these two play how Novak deals with the clearly pro Fed crowd support. If things are not going Novaks way, this seems to get to Novak.
      Last edited by stroke; 11-16-2014, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Another choke by Wawrinka. I could have made that back hand volley away and short on match point! What the hell was he thinking serve and volley anyway, when it's not in his repertoire? Bad tactics. Joker would have clobbered him anyway. NOw it's time for Fed to lose.

Comment

The Bell Tolls

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
          Another choke by Wawrinka. I could have made that back hand volley away and short on match point! What the hell was he thinking serve and volley anyway, when it's not in his repertoire? Bad tactics. Joker would have clobbered him anyway. NOw it's time for Fed to lose.
          Utter nonsense. Choke my you know what. You would have been in the intensive care of a London hospital long before that point was even played. Probably at some point in the first set. You would have blown a cog…or a wheel.

Bad tactics? I'm now so certain. If he makes that volley he's a genius. Trust me…these guys are playing a game that you are not familiar with.

Roger Federer isn't playing tonight. He couldn't answer the bell today. Ask not for whom the bell tolls…the bell tolls for thee. That was an extremely ballsy move by Wawrinka. It didn't work out and it is ever so easy to second guess his judgement from our vantage point.

That was the best tennis match that I have seen all year. Someone had to lose…but there were no losers out on that court last night. Switzerland can be really proud of her boys and I hope that they take the Davis Cup trophy home with them. Both will be on the same side…the irony of the sport. It's the irony of the sport that makes it the game that it is. Irony. Life is ironic…generally speaking.
          Last edited by don_budge; 11-16-2014, 09:53 AM.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

At least "Wa wa" man took out fed anyway, and hit him in the back doing it. Fed will remember.

Comment

Perhaps Roger pulled out to be on the safe side for the Davis Cup match end of this week. If there hadn't been Davis Cup, he might have played.

Comment

He's only had one default due to injury and now it's two.

Comment

Another story going around is that Mirka (Roger's wife) heckled Stan while he was serving for the match 5-4 in the final set, and Stan got furious.

After the match, they say, there was a loud argument between Stan and Roger about the incident.

Comment

Phil, First I have heard of this

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...n-McEnroe.html

Comment

Irony: Fed beats wa man, and then has to default to joker, and now, his back has not recovered, so the swiss will lose. Wa man lost, but has taken: the title and the davis cup away from fed.

Comment

Utter Nonsense...

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
                          Irony: Fed beats wa man, and then has to default to joker, and now, his back has not recovered, so the swiss will lose. Wa man lost, but has taken: the title and the davis cup away from fed.
                          We won't know the status of his back until Sunday. Roger Federer will have had a full week to recover and just might have some Davis Cup heroics/magic up his sleeve. Stan Wawrinka will have to do his part as well.

Wonderful to see the boys put the nonsense behind them…afterall in life sometimes you just have to be a man about it. As my good old friend Leon once said to me. It's a team effort for the Davis Cup. These guys will put any girl troubles behind them…trust me. They aren't worth it and it shouldn't get in the way of the things that men have to do.

The Scottish were right all of those years to ban them from golf courses and clubhouses. Guys should have a safe haven to go to and be guys. Don't women have the same thing? Probably not or I am sure that they have…but in all likelihood they have already messed it up if they did. Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden…what a great acronym. GOLF. I am not so impressed with all of this supposed increase in sensitivity. People are still people last time I checked. Leopards don't change their spots you know. I am not so impressed…there is a very good reason for that. Don't be fooled by the modern day propaganda. Dark Ages indeed. These are the Dark Ages. Modern times should not be confused with enlightened times. We will consider ourselves lucky if these aren't "The End Times".

Trust me…this era is not going down in the history books as "The Age of Enlightenment". It will probably go down in history as "The Age of Propaganda" or "The Age of the Brainwash" or something similar. "The Age of Artificial Intelligence". "The Age When Humans Handed It Over To The Machines". The possibilities are limitless and none of them are particularly good. Certainly not so pleasant for the average bloke.
                          Last edited by don_budge; 11-22-2014, 01:24 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                          don_budge
                          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

They certainly should play 3 out of 5 if they receive equal money. Look at the stands. No one is coming to see their matches.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2786 users online. 6 members and 2780 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X