X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racket drop on serve progess

This is an ongoing odessey.

I managed a bit of an improvement:

My problem is that my flexibility is not what it used to be, but at least the drop is a little bit better (am grateful for every little step). Maybe I should try some stretching excercises?

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post

My problem is that my flexibility is not what it used to be, but at least the drop is a little bit better (am grateful for every little step). Maybe I should try some stretching excercises?
    Good work..I wouldnt doubt much of the improvement is a result of the position of the racquet at this stage. The "waiter position" really limits the downward trek of the drop. The new version "with it more on edge" will allow for much more rotation of the arm, a deeper drop, and a better "inline" right shoulder to racquet alignment...a real good thing. This should be (on the surface) a real improvement.

Comment

The bottom line: is the serve going better for it?
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
        The bottom line: is the serve going better for it?
        Yes, has more power...

Comment

Phil,

Congrats on your perseverance! Look significantly better and I am not surprised if more powerful.

Comment

Thanks John, have been referring to your analysis of my serve on "Your strokes"... Maybe it is possible to slowly teach an old dog new tricks...

Comment

Oops...

Foot fault.
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Yes, has more power...
                That's good. Sometimes we can alter strokes but get no benefit from doing so. It will be interesting to see if you can progress it further.
                Stotty

Comment

I need to get my forearm more parallel to the ground....

Comment

Mental block there that won't let you.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
                      Mental block there that won't let you.
                      Been working on the mental block for years... but I won't give up...

Comment

Jiminy Glick…You can do it!

Been working on the mental block for years... but I won't give up...
                        It's not a mental block at all. It is a glitch in the backswing where the racquet is somehow not in position to "fall freely" behind you. The attitude to not give up is commendable…perhaps giving in to the stubbornness may be the key.

You can teach any dog a trick. Old or new…especially if that dog happens to be a human. But it is all about attitude in the end. One must be open for change as charlesdarwin suggested in a post earlier in the week.

You can do it! That's what I always tell the kids. The adults too. I try to say it in that Jiminy Glick voice when he is interviewing John McEnroe. Oh yeah…but you hate Johnny. Sorry about that.

don_budge
                        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3439 users online. 5 members and 3434 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X