Junior Player Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Player Update

Several months ago I solicited the help/advice of the great contributors to the Forum on a junior player I have been coaching the last five years (Don Brosseau has provided some long distance help as well and also help when he came to Connecticut). The junior player took the wonderful Forum advice seriously and while it took some time for the tournament results to come, they have finally arrived. He has moved up about 25/30 places in the rankings to the mid-30s in the 18s in New England and he is still 16. Has won and got to the finals of several recent tournaments. Not that results are everything (that is for sure), but in this case they do indicate he has moved up in class. Still has much work ahead of him to get where he would like to go. I will try to post some video in the next few weeks. Thanks all for your help!

BrainGameTennis.com

I attended a USPTA weekend seminar from Craig O'Shannessy this weekend. Craig has a couple of articles up here. (See Strategy section). It was really good. Craig's approach is something entirely different. It is a must for your player and anyone else who wants to succeed in competition from 3.0 level up to world class.

don

Comment

Ed,

Thats fantastic news. So glad you could share this good information. With improvement comes a deeper and more intrinsic enjoyment from the sport. No doubt he is hooked. Going through this learning and growing process, and seeing results out of it gives you a better respect for this game and just how advanced it can get. Keep us posted on his results! Look forward to it.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2602 users online. 6 members and 2596 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X