Asking again: Why so few posters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking again: Why so few posters?

Yes, I know, it has been asked before, but I saw over 85,000 members, and it is always the same group posting regularly. Why not others now and then? Interesting if we had stats on active posters...

there are many in the shadows. I've met and spoken to quite a few of them over the years. Some really good minds as well. Would be a tremendous advantage for our forum to hear their views. They observe but are not willing or comfortable sticking their toe in the water. Unlike many of us, who frolic in the deep end.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
      Yes, I know, it has been asked before, but I saw over 85,000 members, and it is always the same group posting regularly. Why not others now and then? Interesting if we had stats on active posters...
      Since I have posted my video here I have had a bunch of agents, sponsors, coaches and academies somehow getting ahold of me, and write me. So, people read this I assume. Its been a bit weird, never knew people recruited eight year old girls.
      Last edited by hockeyscout; 11-30-2014, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Funny, because Tenniswarehouse with more than double has about 4,500 active posters... (not that I'd want this place to end up like that place... )

Comment

I think John Yandell noted in a post that the 85,000 was just a number artificially set for possible sign-ups to be members - the actual number of members is substantially less; but Phil's point is still well taken. As good as the Forum is, it could even be better. It may be the nature of the beast. By analogy, they say that the percentage of even loyal listeners to sports radio talk shows who call in is really low

Comment

Posters

I am not sure the forum is anything like the main reason people join the website. It certainly wasn't the reason I joined...at least not initially. I walked into the forum more by accident. I read a couple of posts by tennis_chiro and got hooked on the idea there were people to talk to with a lot of knowledge.

Initially the forum just looked like a sideline. Mentally I wasn't attracted to it at all at first. I was more interested in the articles and video clips.

If you look at some of the very old forum posts, some are really good. There seemed to be more posters but less people responding to the posts, which must have been disheartening for posters. No wonder they vanished. Now we have less posters but they get more responses. Plus, a few of our current posters are good writers and have the ability to express themselves well. What you have to remember is a lot of forums out there are garbage. Ours is great.

Think about it, we only need another ten of us and we're there.
            Last edited by stotty; 11-30-2014, 06:04 AM.
            Stotty

Comment

Guess the primary attraction is the great articles...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2676 users online. 8 members and 2668 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X