Developing Kids To Be Champions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing Kids To Be Champions.

Family develops great athletes, and everything else as well. If you all get time watch this video on Gold Mining. This is the area of the world I was born and raised in, and all our grandpa's and dad's were just like these guys teaching us how to hunt, fish, shoot guns, fix things, play hockey and most importantly mine the land.

Its amazing what a great job of mentoring this old grandpa did with his grandson, and how he built the kids interest, and supported him.
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 12-26-2014, 02:15 PM.

Parker was taught as a child. Thrown into the boss position at 16yr. old. Sink or swim at that age and he sunk. Grand pa was always right. He also started mining at the age of 68! The more a child is given at the earlier age, the more they can accomplish later on.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
      Parker was taught as a child. Thrown into the boss position at 16yr. old. Sink or swim at that age and he sunk. Grand pa was always right. He also started mining at the age of 68! The more a child is given at the earlier age, the more they can accomplish later on.
      It is good to sink. The parents did a nice job of manufacturing that obstacle, and instilling a sense of urgency at that point of his career. He had a bit of an attitude, however, they pulled him right back into reality pretty quick. Amazing how well the mom pulled off the bad cop, the dad pitched in - helped - coached and the grandfather stood back and mentored. What a well oiled developmental machine that whole operation was! A kid with a passion, a family with a good plan and some great outcomes now that the kid is twenty and really able to think for himself in a very harsh world (the north, and gold mining).

Its interesting being from the north, our grandpa's, dad's and uncles do such a good job of development. I wasn't interested in being a miner, and I really rebelled against that system and forged my own path. Its to bad I cannot take my young one back home anymore as my village is destroyed (asbestos mine went out of business). Those old miners can sure teach athletes a lot about what it takes to make it.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3633 users online. 4 members and 3629 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X