2015 Season Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Season Week 1

Forums been quiet. Subscribers still recovering from their Holiday meals and family obligations. I get it.

But as quickly as the 2014 season ended, 2015 has begun. The men are in Doha, Brisbane and Chennai. Nadal lost early in Doha to a motivated Michael Berrer ranked 127 in the world. The German used some inspired net play to take him down.

here are some highlights. Love the court view camera angle shown at some periods of the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g77-GLDDIo

But dare I say, the two best looking players in Doha so far in the tournament have been Djokovic and Berdych. Both dismantling their first two opponents so far. Berdych was declined by Lendl to coach him. So who did he get? The guy that had front row seats to Lendl's work with Murray and two grand slam titles, Daniel Vallverdu. We'll see how that works out. TB should have called me.

Federer is in Brisbane and heavy favorite to take that title. Wawrinka is in Chennai and although he's the top seed, you just don't know where he is mentally.

ok, so let's get you guys involved in this thread...Here are a few questions...

Which players will win which grand slams this year?

Who will finish the year as the world #1?

Which player has best chance to make his grand slam title breakthrough? (Please don't say Berdych just to appease me)

Which Top 10 player will disappoint, underachieve, drop out of top 10?

Your thoughts?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

On another note, Can I applaud John Yandell for this...?

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...Berdych_HD_HS/

Clearly, He heard my cries in 2014. Glad to have Tomas Berdych in the new High Speed Archives.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Berrer vs. Nadal: What a match. What an adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
        Forums been quiet. Subscribers still recovering from their Holiday meals and family obligations. I get it.

But as quickly as the 2014 season ended, 2015 has begun. The men are in Doha, Brisbane and Chennai. Nadal lost early in Doha to a motivated Michael Berrer ranked 127 in the world. The German used some inspired net play to take him down.

here are some highlights. Love the court view camera angle shown at some periods of the video.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g77-GLDDIo

Your thoughts?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton
        Watched just a few minutes of that 18 minute compendium of highlights from the Nadal/Berrer match. You have to listen to the interview at the end of the highlights. I just became a huge Michael Berrer fan.

don

Comment

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
          Watched just a few minutes of that 18 minute compendium of highlights from the Nadal/Berrer match. You have to listen to the interview at the end of the highlights. I just became a huge Michael Berrer fan.

don
          I think many of us did Don. Refreshing attitude and perspective.

Berdych starting 2015 off right. In the finals with a match-up over David Ferrer. Berdych has looked very solid so far this tournament losing 4 games at the most in any set. Could 2015 be the year of the Bird? Tweet Tweet.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

Glad to see Federer beat Dimitrov 6-2, 6-2 and make it to his first final this year... (After a shaky first round match, he took off....)

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4018 users online. 3 members and 4015 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X