Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Pro Players

Let's discus Carlos Rodriguez on "Working with Pro Players"

Excellent video. I would definitely take even mental coaching from him. Notice how he talks about dreams and what is deep inside. I think this is more likely to yield a result than trying to break the mind into pieces. I can see that he understands it is all connected. Body, mind, tactics, running. Post some more with him please...

Comment

IMHO, Carlos Rodriguez is one of the most underrated coaches in tennis history. He has a great mind, both in tactics but also in understanding player development.

I had the opportunity to speak with him often when he was coaching Justine Henin and work with him on preparation for her arrival when they were working out of Saddlebrook and I was a coach there. He was always courteous and always polite, but he also was also open in his ideas and willingness to share what he knew and thought. Justine respected him tremendously and he got the most out of her.
      This was a great interview. There is so much more in that mind of his. Really good stuff. I'm sure John got more out of him and we will see more of the interview in the future.

On another note, Carlos is getting thin. Glad to see he lost some weight. Looks good.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton
      Last edited by klacr; 03-07-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Great coach

I believe Carlos is one of the few coaches who has tried to get the women away from playing bang ball and gets them to structure points using variation to maniplulate time and space. His record with Justine and Li speaks for its self. Great interview. I hope there is more.

Comment

A thumbs up from Stotty

Good interview. Carlos encapsulates things well. The best coaches usually do. They know what they are doing and where they going. A couple of things stood out:

1. Rallies in women's tennis aren't usually well structured. I thought Carlos's thoughts on the matter, and remedies, were interesting.

2. Can you change the technique of a world class player? Yes, it's a little risky, but if you know what you are doing it's not so difficult. Interesting. I imagine John Yandell subscribes to this view.

3 Time: As a development coach this is something I rarely get enough of with my better students. A high performance coach like Carlos does. It's a luxury most of us simply don't have. I understand the importance of what he is saying, though, and can relate to it well.

Carlos is intelligent....always a good start in my view.
          Stotty

Comment

Very good interview and very interesting statements of Carlos Rodriguez.
            The fact that no one in the tennis industry (federations, academies) has any at least material interests to develop junior players (compared to team sports) makes that the support of the dreams and visions of junior players on the long run is almost uniquely a family affair until the player earns enough money and is mature enough to work with his own environment.

Comment

Yes the tennis family and all that entails, positive and sometimes negative as well.

Comment

Interesting comments...

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                Let's discus Carlos Rodriguez on "Working with Pro Players"
                Originally posted by klacr View Post
                IMHO, Carlos Rodriguez is one of the most underrated coaches in tennis history. He has a great mind, both in tactics but also in understanding player development.

I had the opportunity to speak with him often when he was coaching Justine Henin and work with him on preparation for her arrival when they were working out of Saddlebrook and I was a coach there. He was always courteous and always polite, but he also was also open in his ideas and willingness to share what he knew and thought. Justine respected him tremendously and he got the most out of her.
                This was a great interview. There is so much more in that mind of his. Really god stuff. I'm sure John got more out of him and we will see more of the interview in the future.

On another note, Carlos is getting thin. Glad to see he lost some weight. Looks good.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton
                Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                Good interview. Carlos encapsulates things well. The best coaches usually do. They know what they are doing and where they going. A couple of things stood out:

1. Rallies in women's tennis aren't usually well structured. I thought Carlos's thoughts on the matter, and remedies, were interesting.

2. Can you change the technique of a world class player? Yes, it's a little risky, but if you know what you are doing it's not so difficult. Interesting. I imagine John Yandell subscribes to this view.

3 Time: As a development coach this is something I rarely get enough of with my better students. A high performance coach like Carlos does. It's a luxury most of us simply don't have. I understand the importance of what he is saying, though, and can relate to it well.

Carlos is intelligent....always a good start in my view.
                Interesting comments from Carlos. Interesting comments from klacr and Stotty. It's the tip of the iceberg.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8242 users online. 5 members and 8237 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X