Off topic: Caricatures....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic: Caricatures....

I have always liked doing caricatures. Years ago, I did these comic strips about Tibor, a Hungarian, who worked for the same company I did, and loved to eat. He ate continuously, even at the office. Also a young blue stocking giving a lecture about Mondrian...

Tibor debating the merits of ham versus pastry with a friend...

Comment

This is a real talent Phil. Wish I had this sort of skill when it comes to artwork. My talent is in other areas...I guess. Thanks for sharing.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

I like wear a jacket with as many pockets as possible.

When I first came to Kiev I decided I would start up an all-you can eat buffet like the ones in Canada called Bonanza. No one was doing it, and food is cheap here as it is the bread basket of the world.

The locals thought it was the funniest idea ever, and looking back on it ten years later it was a VERY bad idea.

In a market here they decided to give out a sample of free chocolate (like they do in America), and their was literally a stampede over these free samples. After I saw this I determined maybe it would not be a smart idea to press forward with this restaurant idea. You can't even find a hotel here that has a smorgasbord, they offer you two eggs and bacon or these set meals here because people just go wild for some reason.

Russian hockey players when they first came to Canada literally exploded from the choices of food they could have, and got so overweight, so quick.

I guess Martina said she had that issue when she first came to the USA.

I remember a Russian girl telling me when she went to America, she used to go to the local grocery stores and walk up and down the isles trying the free snacks that'd be offered as a way of eating because she was so poor. She said she'd make the rounds at breakfast, lunch and dinner when she had no job haha.

I can relate to these!
        Last edited by hockeyscout; 02-25-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2919 users online. 5 members and 2914 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X