Video Camera Blues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Camera Blues...

I was taking a video of a training session with my Exilim Casio EX-200 camera, when my opponent hit the tripod with a ball. It fell down, and now does not work anymore! It gives me lens error and retry battery on. The lens also does not enter completely into the camera. Will bring it to be repaired today, but it is the first time with a video camera that this has happened. His shot grazed a leg of the tripod and the camera fell, but not violently.

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
    I was taking a video of a training session with my Exilim Casio EX-200 camera, when my opponent hit the tripod with a ball. It fell down, and now does not work anymore! It gives me lens error and retry battery on. The lens also does not enter completely into the camera. Will bring it to be repaired today, but it is the first time with a video camera that this has happened. His shot grazed a leg of the tripod and the camera fell, but not violently.
    Crap!
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
      It can happen, Phil.

This is why my next camera will be this...

Shockproof and rainproof....
      Stotty

Comment

I went to 5 shops in town, and they also say it costs 100 Euro just for a cost estimate, and that in the end better buy a new one! Here in Switzerland, the shops only have inexperienced, low paid employess who couldn't care less. You can not find experienced personnel anywhere. What ever it is that breaks down (tv set, electrical appliance), "buy a new one" is the standard answer...

Comment

Alfred Escher set the standard when he burrowed into The Jungfrau.

Comment

Just ordered another one, because it is a great camera. Will mount it outside the fence next time...

Comment

When I visit Switzerland this summer that camera on the outside may not be safe.

Duck and cover

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton

Comment

Comment

Olympus TG-3...

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                  It can happen, Phil.

This is why my next camera will be this...

Shockproof and rainproof....
                  Stotty…I don't own a video camera. You are recommending this one…can you elaborate a bit? It looks to me as if this one costs between 300 and 400 dollars. Is that about right?

Phil…you say you like your old one and will buy the same. Can you elaborate on your camera a bit? I am a neophyte so keep it simple.
                  Last edited by don_budge; 02-28-2015, 11:51 AM.
                  don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                    Stotty…I don't own a video camera. You are recommending this one…can you elaborate a bit? It looks to me as if this one costs between 300 and 400 dollars. Is that about right?

Phil…you say you like your old one and will buy the same. Can you elaborate on your camera a bit? I am a neophyte so keep it simple.
                    Yes, it's the one I will get...don't have it yet but will soon. It works well in low light and you can upload clips directly to Youtube or Vimeo.

I have lost two cameras the way Phil did. A ball hits it 40mph and that's it...or if it gets wet. With the Olympus TG3 you don't have to worry about getting hit or wet because it's extremely durable and waterproof. It has a decent wide angle too.

The downside of this type of cameras is they never have a long zoom, so no good at Wimbledon if you are filming from half way up the stands.

It films in slomo at 120fps and 240fps...perfect speeds for coaches.

I am not sure if it comes with a remote. Remotes are handy because you can set the tripod up next to the student, go to the net and then click play from the remote and start feeding. Without a remote you have to press play on the camera then run to the ball basket and start feeding, which is okay but not as clean as with a remote. I believe you can buy a remote separately for some cameras. I would have to check with the TG3.

And yes they are that price over here too...don't spend more...absolutely no need.

Any questions, fire away...
                    Stotty

Comment

I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a great all-around camera, and has a video feature which does up to 1000 frames per second. I got it because John recommended it in one of his articles. Not overly expensive either.

Comment

Question on Zooming...

Any questions, fire away...
                        Does 4x zoom limitation pose any problems for coaching application?

Phil…It looks as if yours has 12x Zoom…do you need that for tennis shots? It's always a good sign when you say you would repurchase the same product twice. The ultimate sign of satisfaction.

Both cameras seem like they suit my deal (fairly inexpensive)…any feedback from anyone else.

Thanks guys…for your help as usual.
                        don_budge

Comment

I use a tripod and zoom in. Very happy with the camera. Only potential problem is that the lens moves out when you turn the camera on. When I had it mounted on the tripod and a ball mishit by my opponent hit the leg of the tripod, the camera fell on the lens and then no longer moved into the camera when turned off. Nobody could fix it (well, if I had paid them 100 dollars to look at the problem and then the costs to fix it). I found a good deal in Japan for a used camera (200 dollars), and hope to have it this week. High quality video, in HD too.

Comment

I am want durability...

Does 4x zoom limitation pose any problems for coaching application?

Phil…It looks as if yours has 12x Zoom…do you need that for tennis shots? It's always a good sign when you say you would repurchase the same product twice. The ultimate sign of satisfaction.

Both cameras seem like they suit my deal (fairly inexpensive)…any feedback from anyone else.

Thanks guys…for your help as usual.
                            You can buy a teleconverter to expand the zoom to almost 8x zoom. Not that I am going to bother. I can't see the need.

It's the durability I want. I don't want to lose another camera to an ATP forehand.

But really, cameras are just so good these days, it's tough to go wrong
                            Stotty

Comment

Olympus TG-3…Tough

It's the durability I want. I don't want to lose another camera to an ATP forehand.
                              I'm sold. Tough is essential. Phil, you might want to reconsider as you have already lost one camera. Does yours have the wifi connections also…this will enable you to operated by remote control with your iPhone?

Amazing technology...
                              don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8096 users online. 3 members and 8093 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X