Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John's Second Serve Article

Just yesterday I went through this article:

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/.../second_serve/.

For years I've been spinning my head unable to figure out how to put top-spin on a serve while (cough cough) pronating. I did understand effortlessly the effect of pronation on flat serves but for second serve I could see nothing other than brushing up my racquet from low to high without changing the racquet face before or after contact.

Your explanation about the changes required was amazing. The little change in ball toss and the slight change in racquet head path compared to a first serve are all I need to change.

Wow. This not only improves my second serve speed but also improves consistency because the motion isn't much different than that of a flat delivery.

I've tried the '2nd serve' today in match play and I am amazed at the result. I'm still not sure why this works but that is not my concern. I am just hoping to not forget the feel.

This is hands down the best instruction I found on the internet for the 2nd serve. There are several decent lessons for a flat serve but your approach to treating a 2nd serve not much different to a 1st serve is great. The side-by-side comparison of Federer's delivery really helped.

Thank you very much.

Prem

Prem,

No! Thank you.

John

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2387 users online. 5 members and 2382 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X