X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrc10s
    replied
    Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    This should help you remember in future....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqWt49o7R-k
    very nice. I remember that song!

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    Originally posted by klacr View Post
    I stand corrected. Thanks.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    This should help you remember in future....

Leave a comment:

• klacr
    replied
    Originally posted by vrc10s View Post
    Ken is from San Jose.
    I stand corrected. Thanks.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Leave a comment:

• vrc10s
    replied
    Ken

Originally posted by klacr View Post
    I was up in Michigan a few weeks ago for a tennis conference and met Northern Califiornia (Oakland, I think) Teaching Professional Ken DeHart. During his seminar, He pulled out one of these pocket radars and spoke highly of it. At that time, it was the first I had ever heard of it. Now it was this article. Not a tech guru but may have to buy it, for the benefit of my students, and perhaps, even my forehand.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Ken is from San Jose.

Leave a comment:

• klacr
    replied
    I was up in Michigan a few weeks ago for a tennis conference and met Northern Califiornia (Oakland, I think) Teaching Professional Ken DeHart. During his seminar, He pulled out one of these pocket radars and spoke highly of it. At that time, it was the first I had ever heard of it. Now it was this article. Not a tech guru but may have to buy it, for the benefit of my students, and perhaps, even my forehand.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yep it's the real deal.

Leave a comment:

• gzhpcu
    replied
    John, the pocket radar works just great! So small and handy. It confirms that the Zepp sensor does not measure serve speed accurately. Great to try things out and see the difference in speed! Thanks for the heads up...

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Thanks Norm. I agree. It's the one pro element any player can most easily adapt and it makes a huge difference!

Leave a comment:

• ten1050
    replied
    The Importance of the Left Arm

John,

Wonderful article on stretching the left arm toward the sideline on the forehand. Why more club players don't do it is beyond me. Your student is an inspiration for all of us.

Norman Ashbrooke

Leave a comment:

• gzhpcu
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
    Anyone serious about improving would buy this and an hd camera.
    That's me... I have the hd video camera with slow motion capability already...

Oh yes, and I have a Zepp sensor, the Ubersense app too.... (hedging my bets...)

Leave a comment:

• lobndropshot
    replied
    As a player I would rather have a connected racket. As a coach I would rather have a radar gun.

Leave a comment:

• GeoffWilliams
    replied
    Anyone serious about improving would buy this and an hd camera.

Leave a comment:

• klacr
    replied
    Originally posted by johnyandell View Post

Like I said this technology goes with high speed video like bernaise sauce goes with steak.
    Perfect analogy. That's one I can understand!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Phil,

Report back on how you like it!

DB,

I think you have to use it appropriately. It was very validating for Ken and me as well to see that improved technique really improved something--and that if you turn hard and it feels easier you can still get more speed. Feels easier, faster ball--that is a great outcome

Have repeated the experiment with others including interestingly our contributor Barry Buss who is on a mission to win a gold ball in the US 50s. More articles to come on all that. Despite having a gorgeous forehand he had the same experience--pushed his turn a little further and picked up 5mph or so.

Like I said this technology goes with high speed video like bernaise sauce goes with steak.

Leave a comment:

• gzhpcu
    replied
    Stotty, yes they do. Just ordered for Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8241 users online. 5 members and 8236 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X