Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating Lobbers

Let's discuss Bill Previdi's article, "Beating Lobbers"

The Lob: The single most effective shot in club tennis. And why shouldn't it be? It's success rate is incredibly high....against teams that don't know how to play it.

I've been teaching this staggered position for years with my teams. Works like a charm. Bill Previdi's article hits the nail on the head. Glad to see him take the bull by the horns and tackle this subject. It is the #1 question teaching professionals will get asked when they are involved in ladies teams.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

I don't know why no ever mentioned before this idea of the short angles to hit on volleys when both lobbers are back. That seems very logical. I plan to try it as soon as I get the chance.

Comment

Beating the lobbers

Kyle,
        I couldn't agree more! Everyone asks the same question or makes the same complaint about lobs. They don't respect that style and having a bad attitude against a lobbing team ( or lobs in general) is the best way to lose. I always emphasize that no matter how well you play against lobbers, it's going to be a war so be patiently aggressive ( my favorite tennis oxymoron).
        In general I think most people are not taught to have a definite plan and what they are taught doesn't work at all on a consistent basis.
        I still play a lot and it enables me to refine The System all he time. The thing I notice ( and it happened to me yesterday) is that when the Hunter gets too close to the net before the proper set up has been hit, it's way too easy to lob them all day from the baseline and the Helper becomes "The Scrambler". Thanks for your input and feedback
        Last edited by BillPrevidi; 04-05-2015, 05:38 AM.

Comment

How to develop touch, reply to Classic Strokes

Classic strokes, here's a link to my latest blog post. It's called How to develop touch... And why it's important in doubles. There are some great drills for working on touch and angle volleys as well as other shots.
          Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Let me know what you think or if I can help in another way. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Coach Previdi,

Thank you!

Comment

Rod

At last a great article on how to play doubles successfully and with easy description on how to go about this. Well done Billhttp://www.tennisplayer.net/bulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Thank you

Thanks Waiuku
                Im also working on an app for The Previdi System. I hope to have it ready soon.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8454 users online. 8 members and 8446 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X